Ren'Py - Completed - Valdana: The Fall [v2.00] [Tjord]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Alternation62

Positives:
    1. The sex scenes are well animated.
    2. The women have their own distinct personalities and transformations, adding more variety than everyone turning into gyarus like the first game.
    3. The world and story are fleshed out, piquing the interest of players.

Negatives:
    1. Just like the first game, the sex sounds are tied to the music. Some of us don't want to hear music while playing.
    2. The MC is ugly and it is atrocious when his head is visible.
    3. One pregnant sex scene and nothing else. I was DYING to see a pregnant Victorica getting plowed but was let down.
    4. You can't name the character in the alternate route so it feels like one long NTR sequence.
    I realize that most of my problems are based on personal preference. So, if those things don't bother you, feel free to ignore me.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

kzk0987

To me, the biggest appeal of this game is how satisfying it feels to corrupt the heroines. There are 6 of them and hey all have distinct, strong personalities that made me look forward to seeing each of them get degraded into lowly slaves. They're capable, fierce, and in the main route they're written in a way that they represent a credible threat and challenge for the protagonist to overcome, especially in the original route where the protagonist has less resources and has to rely on his wits and cunning.

The women are brainwashed one by one and used as agents against their former allies, with changes in their appearance to reflect their changed allegiance. I live for this kind of thing.

Another thing I really like about this game is that it has a setting that feels lived-in. It's not original, by any means - in fact, it wears its references on its sleeve -, but besides the world's background being well explored, character motivations, backstories and interactions all feel real and like these characters do have shared histories and relationships. Moreover, not everything revolves around sex. It might sound weird to praise this in an erotic game, but what I mean is that it feels like the sexual and non-sexual elements of the story feel symbiotic, one builds off the other, instead of the plot feeling like an excuse or something that is tacked on for the sake of sex. Feels like a political power struggle that would happen regardless of the whole sex slave angle. Conversely, things go in the direction they go because a slaver ring is involved and because the protagonist has the interests and proclivities he has. One side props up the other which is something you rarely see in other games.

If you want a game that dives straight into the sexy times, this might not be for you, but if you're into your mind control/corruption stories being built on a sturdy and reasonably interesting foundation, it's one of the best available here in my opinion.

There are two distinct routes, one where you play as a corrupt Archbishop scheming to turn the queen and her inner circle into sex slaves, and other where you play as a cyborg part of an invasion force who wants to capture and convert these same women for his organization. Pretty different vibes, I prefer the archbishop's route, which is the original and the longer of the two - the Inquisitor/Cyborg route is basically a DLC/expansion.

I do have to bring up a negative though: there are grammar and spelling mistakes aplenty. They're minor errors, nothing that gets in the way of reading comprehension, but they happen often. And that's bound to bother people. English is a second language to me so I'm not really upset by these mistakes, but the fact I caught them as often as I did speaks to their frequency. It's a sad blemish on a game that still, despite that, has the writing as its strongest suit.

The visuals use Honey Select 2 and it looks pretty damn good - there are some issues with hair textures here and there and some minor clipping (especially with capes), but nothing that presents a real issue or takes away from it unless these things really bother you. And for the textures, there are the upscale mods.

This is one of my favorite games here on F95 and I strongly recommend it to anyone into mind control, and especially to anyone who liked the Kangoku Senkan/Prison Battleship series, as it seems to be a major influence on both this game and its predecessor, Isis - The Fall (which I also recommend, by the way).
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Addictions

An incredible corruption story with good characters, great animations and art and a lot of twists.

This game is for you if you like:
    • Body transformation
    • Mind Control
    • Corrupting powerful women into sluts
    • betrayal
    • political intrigue
    • the thrill of conquest

It is an incredibly well done sort of corruption. You encounter every character you’re going to meet early on and you’re allowed to get a sense of who they are and how they oppose you. Then you get to watch the political power-plays that allow you to secretly enslave these powerful women, make them renounce their loyalty to their ideals and become your personal sex-slaves eager to exploit others. In contrast to some other games, they aren’t mindless drones after and actively participate in the corruption.The changes don’t occur in a vacuum either, characters respond to the altered look of the enslaved heroines..

Despite the themes being heavy, the game never wants you to wallow in misery and disgust, which I appreciate. The corruption and ‘darker’ themes are clearly used as a way to contrast against the heroes’ shining ideals and not for their own sake.

The plot itself is also genuinely interesting, centering around political machinations around your failing position as a religious figurehead. This does mean religion comes up a lot, but as noted above it’s mostly a device to get the corruption across. If you’ve played the previous game (Isis: The Fall) you’ll know how this goes, though I will note that the twists in the plot are less visceral here and you never quite feel the main character is in danger. I will also note that the later half of the story is somewhat less tense, everything after the space battle is smooth sailing and carries very little surprises. The first three ‘captures’ feel like the most fun ones, and the remaining three feel inevitable, though that doesn’t mean they don’t have fun scenes!
    In the grand scheme of things, these are all minor issues and I was absolutely invested in the twists and turns of the plot.

It’s a really good game, with the biggest issues I have with it being:
    • The spelling is somewhat atrocious and needs to be reviewed and fixed (I can do it if you want).
    • There are some missed opportunities in the plot
    • There’s not more of it

I would highly recommend this and Isis: The Fall
  4. 5.00 star(s)

topimi

Honestly I was blown away by how good Isis: The Fall was, but i just stumbled on Valdana, and it just takes games like these to another level, it's like the creator is mindreading me to see exactly what gets me going. Tjord understands corruption like few others, and that it is so much more than just slutification. Probably my favorite games on the site, I even enjoy them more than Prison Battleship now, which introduced me to lewd games in the first place. Slight personal recommendation but I would really enjoy a little bit more on the process of body modification, making those middle phases of the remodelling last a little longer, and having them try to adapt to their new condition before the final stage a bit. Some more piercings and tattoos would be nice too, but now i'm just getting greedy.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

chaosbox24

This feels bad to say, but this game is VASTLY inferior to the first one. Not only is the aesthetic and art a downgrade, but the girls, story, and writing are also a down grade. I really really dislike the new forced light sharing scenes, and I really hate that the mc is a forced "ugly bastard". There are no more colorful markings on your slaves, their hair change isn't as good and their dialogue isn't as depraved. Really, this game is a downgrade in every single way. I'm very disappointed. Maybe in future installments, give us some choices between what happens and this can be avoided because this is not a pleasant experience to see everything you liked in the first game to be destroyed in the second game and have no choice in the matter.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

qwertyqwerty100

This guy makes some of the best corruption games. Both ISIS and Valdana are fantastic and purely conceptualize "corruption" at its finest. The gameplay, story, character models and everything are excellent. One of the few gems where the story is also a main propellant rather than just the sex scenes.

The only reason I'm giving one star less is coz I'm a greedy guy and I hate any other guys in the game touching my girls(i.e., swinging, even though it is light in the game). Keeping my fingers crossed that the next installment doesn't have these elements. Also just a suggestion, I felt that the humiliation/ cucking was too mild(and only small scenes towards the end) in both the games, so maybe increase it a bit in the next game...

Overall, a fantastic game and a brilliant developer. Please keep on making such masterpieces.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

doomBlade

This guy works in a mysterious way,
    He releases really good corruption games without the slowburn of 2 years of minimal updates.
    About the game, well its very similar to the last one space/corruption game with a decent story and renders, if you are in to that stuff the game is a must play
  8. 5.00 star(s)

JamieVision

If you like bimbofication and mind control this is the game you are looking for.

This is a visual novel with a few choices that unlock different endings. There are at least three endings with some variation within them.

This game was even better than its prequel (Isis: The Fall).

I did like that the bimbofication in this one was a different style than the gyaru bimbofication in Isis. Here is to hoping for a trilogy with another variant of bimbofication.

Thanks to Tjord for a great game.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

MakeMeTea

Nice and smooth corruption story about good women becoming vicious and lascivious females.
    Must play for every corruption (evil fall) fan.

Games of Tjord are distinguished by high-quality script development and vivid characters. Valdana is no exception.
    Like the prequel (Isis), this is a mostly linear story with a slight branching in the 2nd part of the game. So the players are getting experience similar to japanese visual novels with less gameplay elements.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

dirichilhet

In every way this is an improvement from the previous game, which already says a lot.

The girls have a wider variety of clothes and personalities, there are more interesting second characters (Vaat, the Doctor, Letho, even Titus) and I believe the plot is also better laid out. Maybe the ending felt I little too easy, but the overall difficulties of the earlier parts compensate it.

I loved that each transformation had a more prominent focus than the previous game.
    - Aubrey the vanilla transformation
    - Yoona maintaining her flat chest but improving her nipples
    - Cassandra being the cow slave
    - Samira being breedable and submissive
    - Yuria having the same themes as Samira plus the incest with her mother
    - Victoria being a mix of everything, plus the rejuvenation

Tjorn showed again that they excel at controlling and manipulating the flow of the story. The characters always tease what is going to happen without explicitly telling you. This creates many exciting moments where you are left eagerly curious to know how the corruption is going to transform them. And when they occur, they deliver.

My only selfish wish was that Victoria's tits ended bigger than Cassandra's, since I believe the last transformation should be the most scandalous one, but I understand this could throw some people off (many already dislike the humongous blobs of fat that Cassandra weighty caries).

The overall atmosphere of the game and the endings lead me to believe we eventually will have a third game. If that happens, Tjor is going to have to explore new ideas so that the game and transformations still feel fresh. Maybe now that we have a very formulaic routine trying to mix it up a little more can be a good idea. Maybe a specially stubborn subject needs to go a 4th time to the machine, leading to more unprecedented results. Maybe a side effect causes a subject to gradually lose her intelligence, making the crew suspicious and affecting the overall plan. There are many more creative possibilities, and at this point I have full faith in whatever Tjor chooses :).

They deserve the rest, good work and thank you very much!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

CorrHen

You will not find a better corruption game in the west. This game series represents what Japan's eroge does so well. Japanese corruption games are so different from what we see here. The closest we usually get to this feeling is a good NTR game. Usually, from what I've seen in Western eroge, it's just mindbreak or simply bad ends. But in this game, you have the proper series of corruption, subversion, betrayal, intricate storylines, clever evil plots, brainwashing to be evil(and not just a mindless slut).

As for visuals, I think it's perfectly fine, but some people may take issue with the art style being 3D and made from honey select. But truly this is some of the best stuff out there if you don't mind that. There are even animated scenes and a lot of focus is put into the character designs before and after corruption to make them distinct.

All visual aspects aside, the corruption process and the storytelling was perfectly done. There is a deep plot. There are psychological mind games. This isn't just a simple heroine defeat game. There is so much more nuance that other games don't focus on. It's a unique experience that needs to be done way more.

This is made by a corruption fan for corruption fans. And the ones that truly love the genre will love this game.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

Axelfire

Ok so here is my review for Valdana: the Fall.

Yet again Tjord shows a brilliant understanding of the corruption fetish like few others in the forum, that's it's not just about turn girls in to sluts, but also about how they change people, their values and ideals, so if you like the highly detailed corruption of games like Star Knight Aura but desired a much more fast paced experience than that, this game is for you.

Much like the first game it is very linear, almost to the level of kinetic novel, tough you can pick your ending and there are few scenes that are different depending on your limited choices.

Unlike the previous game there is now a much greater Variety of women, specially in their post transformed state, tough sadly this means no Gyarus with one exception in one of the endings.

Overall this game is easy recommend for me, seeing in that it is a corruption game that has some depth to it's corruption, includes actual physical changes in the women (as opposed to so many other corruption games where only the wardrobe changes) and most important of all, doesn't hours to get anywhere.