Ren'Py - Vault Repopulation [v2.4] [Kamos]

1. 2.00 star(s)

libertypics

It has potential and it's not the worst game on the site but it's got a combination of relatively poor game element, both the interface and actual play, added to not enough reward in it's art to push it over perhaps 2 stars at best. If it had a decent walkthrough or better in game quest system it might go to 3, just losing some of the grindier bits would help, but as it is... not worth it compared to other adult game offerings available these days (even just the other fallout genre specific ones).
  2. 2.00 star(s)

falafelswoop

The developer clearly tries to capture some sort of Fallout feel in the visuals and interface and sense of humor. This is good. Unfortunately, what is good about the game pretty much ends there.

Erotic content is... passable if you're the forgiving type. Scenes at least have some interesting concepts like the trainer girl whose physical build changes from thicc to ripped with stimulation. Pretty amateurish flat-shaded visual style, with basic anatomy errors like neck not being centered on top of torso...

If you play a male (or become "futa", really just a dickgirl) you can get your dick sucked, if you can pretend your dick is a disembodied floating dick. If you play female, you don't even get that. Sexual partners will stick their tongues out and there will be text like *lick lick*. I couldn't get into it, couldn't pretend just a visual of an open mouth was oral sex.

English is poor and sometimes difficult to understand. As a result, story and goals can be difficult to understand, and jokes sometimes fall flat (you may understand, but too late for you to laugh).

The interface is cumbersome. Menus in random rooms, menus without cancel button, menus organized in ways that don't always make sense, sometimes menus split into two different rooms for no reason (e.g. research). Click twice to confirm every time you switch rooms in your base even though you will do this constantly and there is no penalty for switching rooms. Click twice for every stat upgrade even though you will probably do a few points at a time even playing legit (and pity your mouse and clicking hand if you use the hidden exp cheat). Click to confirm any normal menu choice that spends money even though it's RenPy and you can just rollback if you misclick. It all makes for a very slow experience before you even get properly started.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs... The version this review is based on is v1.9...

This is definitely a management type of game, with cartoony visuals...

The visuals of the characters are 2D hand drawn, and same with backdrops... They are ok in quality, but the sex scenes are kind of a turn off, as they use a cut out of the male protagonists hands/Johnson/etc. and don't look all that pleasing to the eye... Plus they don't last long at all... The user interface is alright, but a exit and/or cancel choice needs to be added to some menus in order to back out if you don't intend to actually do anything, rather then having to re-read the same thing for a choice you didn't really want to make...

The script has a tiny bit of broken English here and there, as well as the occasional spelling/grammar error... The plot revolves around a male protagonist who happens on a survivor vault in a post apocalyptic world... He then needs to procreate, enslave, have sex, explore, and lots of other things with the overall goal of repopulating the Earth... There are lots of quests to go on, and other interactions, pretty much like an adventure game with management functions... The story elements try to portray a lot of humor to what is going on, but does have it's serious stuff as well... There are lots of things to do, so I will not get into too much detail on all of it, but exploration and discovery will play an important part of figuring the game mechanics out... Sometimes that can be easy, and sometimes it can feel tedious...

I only played this game for a little over two hours, mostly because I just couldn't get into it... And the fact that some menu's you can't cancel out of, if you didn't want to do anything in them, as the option is missing, I found a bit annoying... So you end up repeating something you may have already done, just to get out of the menu...

Overall, the game shows some potential, but it has it's issues that I've already mentioned... The humor elements are ok, but not laughable enough sometimes... And the sexual content isn't all that great, even though the game does play into different fetish's as you progress... Will I revisit this game? Most likely not, because it just didn't hold my interest, and it's not really what I'm looking to play/read...
  4. 3.00 star(s)

whotheff

Has big potential (idea of creating a community underground already proved good even without the sex content - see original game). However the GUI looks and feels as a random menus on random places. When conversing with NPC you never know what exactly you are speaking about and where each line could lead. You just learn that by clicking X you get more Y.
    There is no real vault dwellers management system, or atleast it lacks the needed GUI. Graphics for background are a bit oversimplisctic, cartoonish Paint style. It seems themaker nas no drawing or rendering skills and he drew them the best way he could.

If all these issues are fixed, the game would be 3x times better. Now it's just playable