VN Ren'Py Abandoned Vengeance at Lust [v0.12] [ScattyPineapple]

Grimsoul0

Jul 1, 2020
Considering the size of the file is for the initial release, I hope that future updates will be done in patches or there will be a compressed version, or this is going to get to be a big download fast.

ScattyPineapple

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2022
I'm sorta conflicted about this... On the one hand the overview features a female character, and how important she is to the male character, but on the other hand the title and images suggest a male main character, so make up your damn mind.

MC: "VENGEANCE? Sometimes I have tell myself it's just not worth the jail time." :oops:

View attachment 1787546
I wasn't the one who added the description. It was taken by an admin from a Patreon post I made trying to introduce her. MC is the male in front. :)

ScattyPineapple

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2022
I would suggest getting the dev tag.

Also would suggest clarifying tags, i.e. what will be in the game in the future and what won't be.

Given the sound of the desc, I would clarify on the sharing/swinging/NTR tags. (since it sounds like if you make the wrong choices it could lead to that. And the 3 males that have a spot in the promotional image.).
Since some people will 100% want to avoid this game like the plague if it has those tags. (some even if it is avoidable).

So would get that out of the way now, so you don't have to answer it later, or get people who are mad if you do add such things and were blindsided by it.

Also sounds like you might need a patch? or are relationships define-able by the player?
I don't know how I feel about NTR so there won't be any for now until maybe the majority of people vote for it. The other males are there for story purposes.

There is no relationship system for now, smaller choices will dictate extra scenes and bigger ones will shift the story slightly.

Hope this answers everything :)

ScattyPineapple

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2022
With a name like Mangled Baby Ducks, you know it's got to be good -- old SNL skit.
Your dev. name gave me a visual that almost made me ignore the thread right away. Whatever trips your trigger, I guess.

I'm in agreement with Harsh007's comment that the overview makes it sound like a female protagonist. I had to double check the tags when I read it as well. Also, "Vengeance" in the name but nothing in the overview about what the vengeance may be against, or against whom.

In your dev notes:
good artwork - eeeh, if you say so. The body proportions in the previews are a bit too out of whack for me.

story-line - if your overview is any indication...

With that banner, future tags are going to be a must before you get many to download at all.

One last nit to pick: A teacher wearing that dress in a school that requires the students to wear a uniform? I don't think so.

I do wish you luck, but I'm not impressed enough to download yet.
Hi :)

Description was taken from a Patreon post I made from an admin. I will take care of it.

I went to a school that we were required to wear uniforms and the teachers could wear anything they wanted. Yes, the female teacher dresses were not as revealing of course, but the point of the school uniform was to promote student equality not because they were trying to be overly strict.

DeUglyOne

Bite Me!
Donor
Sep 1, 2017
...so there won't be any for now until maybe the majority of people vote for it.
Man, you just hung yourself. You've basically told us that you have no idea what will be in the game. Writing a game via polls has never, ever, worked. Personally, I can't recall even one poll driven game that has ever been completed.

Anymore, I usually just ignore them when talk of being poll driven comes up. Like this one.

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
I don't know how I feel about NTR so there won't be any for now until maybe the majority of people vote for it. The other males are there for story purposes.
I would suggest decided on the definitively sooner rather than later. (It isn't the kind of genre you want to leave up to a vote, because if voted for, you would lose people you gained, but if you just don't have it then you lose nothing, or if you have it from the start you don't get people who would leave in the first place).

Also people may avoid your game for now because there is a possibility you may add it if asked for.

ScattyPineapple

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2022
ScattyPineapple

Developer Notes
:
"I'd like to believe that being a player for many many years has shown me what the community members are looking for (good artwork, story-line, updates etc.) and what they despise (milking)."

using this kind of artwork is not good really. i suggests using daz.
It was my initial plan. But seeing how slow I kept making assets (I have little experience with Daz, especially with map-making) updates would take forever to be developed.

ScattyPineapple

Game Developer
Apr 28, 2022
I would suggest decided on the definitively sooner rather than later. (It isn't the kind of genre you want to leave up to a vote, because if voted for, you would lose people you gained, but if you just don't have it then you lose nothing, or if you have it from the start you don't get people who would leave in the first place).

Also people may avoid your game for now because there is a possibility you may add it if asked for.
That's true, thank you for this. I'll make it clear in the tags.

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Vengeance At Lust [v0.1] [ScattyPineapple] crunched

Original Size Win / Compressed Size PC*: 904 MB / 170 MB - VAL-0.1-pc-crunched.zip
Original Size Mac / Compressed Size Mac: 870 MB / 136 MB - VAL-0.1-mac-crunched.zip

Download (PC*/Mac): - -

(y)L O A D 'n' L I K E - If you L O A D it then L I K E it!(y) If not, like it anyway!(y) Thanks!;)

This compression is unofficial and untested, use at your own risk.
Compressing process reduces quality and can break the game.

*PC = Win+Linux

Tools: YAC v3.3 (hngg@f95zone) -