Mod Java Onhold Venture Seas EX [v0.04] [TheInternetIsForThis]

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020

Overview:
Venture Seas EX is an expansion mod I'm making to test general viability for modding Venture Seas. For the moment, it adds two towns and a dungeon to Faraja, one of which has the Hydra as an NPC. That said, I've also found ways to add new item effects, modify store inventories, and add general conversations like you can have with merchants in Nyaura. I'll be testing out and making use of those to further expand this mod.​

Updated: 2020-07-04
Game/Creator: Venture Seas/VirtuousDevelopment Venture Seas on F95
Modder: TheInternetIsForThis
Mod Version: 0.04
Game Version: Royal Summons (as of 2020-05-17)
Language: English
Notice: An update for Venture Seas is due sometime this June (2020-06). The Venture Seas thread is now ahead of this mod's game version! This mod was made for an older version of the game, and has not been tested in the new builds. Installing it could result in anything from outright crashes on load to odd, difficult to track down minor incompatibilities with the content. Install at your own risk!

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Updating:

Change-Log:

Download: - -

VentureSeas02.png VentureSeas03.png VentureSeas04.png

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Good to know! At the moment I'm mostly fiddling around figuring out how the backend of this game works, but this is also the best point for people to suggest things they'd like to see. Once I'm in too deep, it can be harder to change direction.

Reactions: DaiPrazz

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
What version of the game do you have? What did you use to add the files into VentureSeas.jar? Can you upload a copy of the log.txt file? And how old is the save you're trying to load, relative to the version of the game you're using?

This mod was built specifically for the version of Venture Seas uploaded here on May 17th, the Royal Summons update. The Royal Summons update is reportedly incompatible with saves from older versions of the game, so that's something to keep in mind as well.

Jul 21, 2017
What version of the game do you have? What did you use to add the files into VentureSeas.jar? Can you upload a copy of the log.txt file? And how old is the save you're trying to load, relative to the version of the game you're using?

This mod was built specifically for the version of Venture Seas uploaded here on May 17th, the Royal Summons update. The Royal Summons update is reportedly incompatible with saves from older versions of the game, so that's something to keep in mind as well.
I was doing it wrong I had unpacked it then repacked rather than just using the add feature with winrar now it works fine

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
I was doing it wrong I had unpacked it then repacked rather than just using the add feature with winrar now it works fine
Glad to hear you got it working! There isn't much to see at the moment, but I'm planning to release something more substantial next Saturday, the sixth. Thus far I've managed to get a new dungeon loading with its own tiles, background, and music, and am in the process of writing encounters for that dungeon and filling out Hydra's Haven. No specific details until the update, though!

Jul 21, 2017
Glad to hear you got it working! There isn't much to see at the moment, but I'm planning to release something more substantial next Saturday, the sixth. Thus far I've managed to get a new dungeon loading with its own tiles, background, and music, and am in the process of writing encounters for that dungeon and filling out Hydra's Haven. No specific details until the update, though!
Sounds good and good luck may the hentia spirts guide you. oh and mabey some undead content that seems to be pretty popular with other games right now

Horny Police Robot

Feb 16, 2019
Author, can you create cheat town with all items/armors/cloth? Ingame cheat menu giving items only by one. But it's really needed sometimes for example with full outfits style but game don't giving it to shop or it's need to hard farming enemy in dungeons. Also if posible add trainers to town to.

Last edited:
Reactions: PantyPantsu

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Version 0.02 Is Out!

• Hydra's Haven unlock moved back to chapter 2 completion.
  • Hydra's shop removed in favor of dialogue.
  • A small quest added to earn a modicum of trust from the Hydra. (Dialogue is largely temporary)
  • A large, dynamic sex scene involving the Hydra has been added.
  • Abandoned Palace, a new dungeon, has been added.
  • The game's file loader has been patched to allow existing saves to load new dungeons.
  • 4 new food items have been implemented. (Stranglevine Berries, Glowcap Mushrooms, Tentacula Seedling, and Candygems)
  • 4 new armor items have been implemented (Banesteel Helmet, Greaves, Chestplate, and Boots)
  • 9 new weapons have been implemented (Banesteel Axe, Bow, Dagger, Claws, Flail, Mace, Polearm, Staff, and Longsword)
  • 5 new treasure items have been implemented (Cracked Orb, Ancient Goblet, Square Coin, Bloodstone Shard, and Weathered Tassle)

I plan to release the next update on Saturday, June 20th. If any bugs in the mod are found and reported prior to Saturday, June 13th, I'll release an interim fix for those. Now that I have three locations, I'm going to focus on improving their content density to make them worthwhile for players to visit.

Author, can you create cheat town with all items/armors/cloth? Ingame cheat menu giving items only by one. But it's really needed sometimes for example with full outfits style but game don't giving it to shop or it's need to hard farming enemy in dungeons. Also if posible add trainers to town to.
Yes, although that's going to be a very low priority for me. At the moment I've got quite a bit of content I'd like to implement for the three locations currently added. And even if I do add a cheat town, you would have to actually buy the items for normal price, since shops don't have specific price overrides that would allow me to drop the cost to zero.

Reactions: Horny Police Robot

Horny Police Robot

Feb 16, 2019
Yes, although that's going to be a very low priority for me. At the moment I've got quite a bit of content I'd like to implement for the three locations currently added. And even if I do add a cheat town, you would have to actually buy the items for normal price, since shops don't have specific price overrides that would allow me to drop the cost to zero.
It's ok. Because ingame cheat item giver giving only once amount of item and give all cheat didn't give all, only most items/weapon/cloth/ Also, why Hydra shop removed?

Last edited:

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
It's ok. Because ingame cheat item giver giving only once amount of item and give all cheat didn't give all, only most items/weapon/cloth/ Also, why Hydra shop removed?
The Hydra is still there, but she no longer runs a shop because it doesn't make much sense for how she was presented as a character. The shop had been the result of copying data from the oasis, and once I learned how the scene handling worked, I got rid of it.

• Wow
Reactions: Horny Police Robot

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
For me hydra just tells me to go away how do I unlock the dungeon?
Talk to the shopkeeper NPCs in the town. One sends you to the other, who sends you off to the dungeon. There's a lot of temporary content involved right now (I need to flesh out the dialogue a bit and the dungeon a lot), but you want to ramble around the fifth floor in the dungeon until you find some candy. Once you have that, you can talk to the hydra again. The dialogue leading up to the sex scene also needs improvement, but the scene itself is a big, text-based scene that is a bit different every time you run through it, with certain parts written specifically based on player anatomy.

Notably, you specifically need to get the candy event in the dungeon. The pick item screen only works inside dungeons, so I had to set some data the first time you find some candy instead. I mentioned the fifth floor in particular because that's the first floor with the event.

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Go where and talk to who tho? all NPCs are shops
Talk to the clothing shop NPC (below the shop window, the Talk option), then the armor/weapon shop npc. The first one suggests a way to calm the Hydra down, the second one, if you've heard the first one's suggestion, will tell you where to find the dungeon.

Joseph9999

Aug 6, 2017
Talk to the clothing shop NPC (below the shop window, the Talk option), then the armor/weapon shop npc. The first one suggests a way to calm the Hydra down, the second one, if you've heard the first one's suggestion, will tell you where to find the dungeon.
omfg I'm jerking off too much, ofcourse you talk to the NPC right next the hydra lmao. Also may I ask how can I get the footjob scene with aurelia?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
omfg I'm jerking off too much, ofcourse you talk to the NPC right next the hydra lmao. Also may I ask how can I get the footjob scene with aurelia?
That would be data/ship/0/scene/0.tsv in the game's data, which currently seems to be unused. They may be waiting on new art assets to redo it, as Aurelia seems to be the first character they worked on and her scenes had some of the most notably different art styles.

Firenn

Apr 26, 2017
That would be data/ship/0/scene/0.tsv in the game's data, which currently seems to be unused. They may be waiting on new art assets to redo it, as Aurelia seems to be the first character they worked on and her scenes had some of the most notably different art styles.
Only one footjob scene?

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Only one footjob scene?
Aurelia (character 0) has four scenes on the ship. Scene 0 for her is the only one involving a footjob, and is one of two sex scenes for Aurelia that appear totally unused. Of the remaining two shipboard scenes she has, one is the scene where you find her in your cabin, and the second is the repeatable sex scene that scene can unlock.

Firenn

Apr 26, 2017
Aurelia (character 0) has four scenes on the ship. Scene 0 for her is the only one involving a footjob, and is one of two sex scenes for Aurelia that appear totally unused. Of the remaining two shipboard scenes she has, one is the scene where you find her in your cabin, and the second is the repeatable sex scene that scene can unlock.
Only one footjob scene in the game for the all ? *