3.20 star(s) 27 Votes

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
And not only that.
All those "experimenting", "additional things", "expanding"...give me chills.
I wished they had limited themselves to a 1-1 conversion, at least initially, reserving the rest for further updates or DLCs.

Arciel Dena

Sep 24, 2021
News from Steam/Discord:

Venture Seas Godot - Progress Update

It's been a busy period behind the scenes and it's about time for a progress update so here we go!

(NOTE: all visuals are placeholder)

View attachment 3493882

Godot Progress & Coding

> The most complex coding tasks are out of the way! [ <3 Godot ]
> We're keeping the new Combat / Inventory system under wraps for now, but the functionality is mostly completed (although all graphics are placeholder).
> The most difficult / main parts of the 'Visual novel scene system' is essentially completed (just need to add easy/quick stuff, e.g. code for playing music etc...)
> Basic functionality for most screens have been ported over from the Java version.

> We've also been experimenting with new possibilities in Godot, such as a code based 'jiggle physics' system for characters (rather than a pre-animated jiggle) This will allow for a 'physics-based' boobie jiggle whenever characters move position on screen etc...

<To see the video, please view our announcement in discord! >

- Bigger dungeon maps are now easily possible in Godot, with no need for multiple floors.

As mentioned before, Godot has been such a breath of fresh air to work with and progress has been so much faster than previously in Java.

Initial testing of the combat system code functionality has been successful, so we're looking to start play-testing the new combat system internally very soon and if all goes well we will be looking to start replacing placeholder art with the goal of making the game presentable for getting external feedback as well.

View attachment 3493883

Character Art / Sex Scenes

Previously, the approach to sex scene planning and the totality of the game was a little less than ideal and often led to the need to re-work or re-do scenes at later dates.

So, this time around we're taking a much more structured approach to planning every scene in the game ahead of time and creating storyboards for every scene.

Since this is the perfect time to do so, we're also giving every scene a look over and trying to move them toward a more consistent style and implement some fun additional things we would like to see such as better scene progression and potential internal shots etc. Essentially just giving every scene a quality check and adding/improving where we feel is needed.

Here are a few examples of images from sketched storyboards (as well as a look at both Ignacy and Gull's updated character art above).

Please do keep in mind though that everything shown is W.I.P. and not finalized!

View attachment 3493885

Music / Soundtrack Update

Since the previous status update, we've had a whole new main theme composed and I'm really looking forward to when we can let you all hear it too because I really love how it turned out.

But, until then, here are two more of the original sound tracks to listen to!

<To listen to the music, please view our announcement in discord!
This game was the first I bought on Steam but

Dudes, the First image looks so much like AI generated. Look at the lineart on his shoulder going through the fur. Also the face on both of them is definitely AI style. Dev falls so low.

I don't believe the sketches, sketches can be traced over the AI art.

super_slicer

Jul 16, 2017
No moreso than prudence, and trying to change up everything at once sure as hell isn't prudent.
Oh no, I completely agree. This game's development has been a dumpster fire since I first found it. My money's on it never getting more content than it has now, IIRC this is the SECOND time they're re-doing everything. That said I far prefer people who patiently wait for the impossible.

Reactions: ElfLover23

TheInternetIsForThis

Mar 4, 2020
Oh no, I completely agree. This game's development has been a dumpster fire since I first found it. My money's on it never getting more content than it has now, IIRC this is the SECOND time they're re-doing everything. That said I far prefer people who patiently wait for the impossible.
Third time since it was posted here, supposedly it's been at least four overall.

Reactions: ElfLover23
3.20 star(s) 27 Votes