Venus Blood Frontier English Localisation Project Kickstarter is Out!

Memorin

Sep 6, 2017
VenusBlood FRONTIER is a Turn-Based SRPG game. It's essentially a Visual Novel with SRPG elements in it, created by the Japanese studios Dualtail and Ninetail. There is a trial version - the whole Chapter 1 - is at the kickstarter page that you can download and play right now! It has full gameplay (or as full as it can get for a trial version) and 2 H-scenes!

Kickstarter Page:

Now, why should you care about this particular game?

Summary: VBF is a corruption game where you play as a half demon prince called Loki. In general, you capture goddesses and make them fight your war even as you corrupt them to suit your purposes. If you corrupt the goddesses past a certain point, they will fall into depravity and drastically transform in both appearance and personality! Not satisfied with just that? No fear! you can always corrupt further and reduce them into crazed mindless dolls...

You can choose to befriend them instead of corrupting them, of course. That sets you down the lovey dovey Law Route and leads you down a completely different storyline and ending! To be Law, or be Chaos? The choice is yours!

If you want an even shorter summary, I quote this from someone who dislikes H-scenes (imagine living like that!): "This game is deliciously evil."

Game length: 30 ~ 50 hours, but can easily go up to hundreds when you're engrossed with assembling the ultimate team.

The Fetish Tag: TENTACLES (signature of the entire series), Corruption, MILF, Flatchest, Futa, Mind Control, Hypnosis, Sex, Anal Sex, Oral Sex, Group Sex, Masturbation, Massage, Interracial, Monster, Furries, Voyeurism, Shaming, Breeding and more. Seriously, there's so many I don't bloody remember.

CG Count: Hundreds. Honestly, you'll probably not find another game - not even the Rance series - that boasts as many high quality CGs than the Venus Blood series.

Gameplay: Astoundingly complex. Day/Night system, Element Month/Turn system, huge variety of races, minor building elements, hundred of units to choose from and fit into teams. It's actually pretty hard to put them into words - let's just say that it simulates the feeling of fighting a war pretty well.

Difficulty: From 0 to 100. VBF caters to both casual and hardcore gamers. You can choose to auto win every battle and just get to the juicy, juicy H-scenes, or you can run yourself into a wall again and again as you challenge higher difficulty levels that make Dark Souls look like child's play. Whichever way you play the game, you'll guaranteed to have a fun time.

Scene Replay: As you are aware, most Visual Novel type games allow you to replay H-scenes after unlocking them once. Well, Venus Blood Frontier allows you to replay EVERY scene in the game you've already gone through once. Say you're too lazy to play the Law Route after going through the Chaos route once. You can just grab a 100% save file from the internet and read it in the Scene Replay option at your leisure! Honestly, this feature is super dope.

And finally, the Story. I know most people here don't really care about this element, but I'll give a short summary of things anyway. In general, you always play the anti-hero/demonic protagonist in a Venus Blood series, and the plot is almost always an epic war between the good and evil set legendary proportions. It is the same here. Demon Prince Loki is fighting his brothers and sisters for the throne, and to prove themselves to the Demon Emperor they had to conquer the Floating Continent of Yggdrasil. However, unlike everyone else he is at a severe disadvantage because he lacks an Armament - something like a super powerful artifact - due to a tragic past. But that isn't enough to stop him from taking revenge, and so his path to glory and power begins...

Long story short, I believe Venus Blood Frontier deserves localisation support, and I think some of you may find it to be THE best corruption game you've ever played (unless you're strictly 3D/no anime or something). Give it a try!

Azope

Jul 26, 2017
i agreed help to that great game to come out if you want test gameplay and seen the prologue they give a full english trial and for the best the translator is the same as the one that translate rance game oficialy and unoficialy since years you could grabe the trial at jast usa for free

Reactions: Eliza12 and Memorin

Urusaisenpai

Walkthough-mod Creators are a godsent <3
Donor
Apr 30, 2017
I will support this at the start of Ocb
Probably the ¥3,960 tier. 35$

I want games like this.
But i will probably forget about it until i get my copy since there is a year before release LOL

Reactions: Eliza12 and Memorin

awkwardcultism

Feb 19, 2019
You guys do realize that Interactive Text Hooker and Translation Aggregator exist and are free, right? I'm pretty sure all the Venus Blood games are hookable, and it's not like you're losing out on much with machine translation.

"I'm super cool guy with questionable morals and I fly around on a Pterydactyl"
"Oh no super cool guy don't take my virginity I have a boyfriend"
"But guess what... I'mma take it anyway"
"Oh nooo I lost my hymen and I am also now evil, please tentacle rape me daddy"

Gameplay's not half bad tho

awkwardcultism

Feb 19, 2019
@BeCe
Reading with a text hooker really isn't that hard actually, I read all of Rance 5D and VI with one before I learned Japanese.
The only thing text hookers suck at big time is that they sometimes get something the reverse of correct. Like if the text said 「このプテロダクティルはすごい!」 (This pterodactyl is awesome!) it might translate it as "This pterodactyl is terrible!". Because it's always exactly wrong you can usually figure it out pretty easy.
You're generally about as well off reading a pure machine translation critically as you are reading a fan or "professional" translation uncritically. Most people don't realize that 99.9% of translations from Japanese average around an error per sentence, usually more. The only thing you can really do about it is learning Japanese yourself, but if that's off the table for whatever reason, you might as well do machine translations. You're not really any worse off and the unintentional comedy is hilarious.