RPGM - Completed - Veronica's Body [Final] [SubSupreme]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Karl Speidel

I wont lie the game is a bit old and some parts of it are not polished or well though out but it is a decent game to play,especially if you are like me waiting for over 9000 years for the actually amazing games to be released.
    I dont like the 5 star system which is very innacurate,my final rating is 6/10
    While an improvement,a significant one over the first game,its still flawed but playable compared to it.

-Music is generic but not that bad,it will bore you but if you play as it is (probably) intended and rush the areas then it wont hurt that badly.

-Although the game is supposed to be a sandbox time with a very loose story it doesnt offer the freedom it suposedly hints at,you are blocked off from visiting the areas in any order you want and many of the mutations you are encouraged to use to progress in some areas are locked in others ahead of them,overall bad concept which is inconsistent with what the game tries to be,mutations and skill afinyties are also a mess. This is most obvious in the mine where I think only the local mutations are effective against themselves. Other skills are either not useful or downright weak against them.

-Although the mutation system is supposed to be useful,creative and whatnot with some pieces having special traits you can use on the map for "puzzles" which are not exactly puzzles and feel more like a chore,to further add to this the rewards for exploring and doing those "puzzles" are not worth it in 99% of the time,in fact the items themselves are very weak.

=Combat and skills both fun and not so fun,here would be alot to say but let me put it shortly or else I might be here weeks,the bosses are not unique or worth fighting in any way,just stronger ver of the generic minions,the flow of combat is pretty bad,as is the scaleing,items are worthless as is the only shop you have,combining mutations inst exactly worth it,areas arent unique or fun,it feels like playing the same area over and over again,lots of grinding,not enough info on skills and some are weak or not even worth using,you will end up using/spaming probably 1 or 2 skills.The futa mutation is weird in that it is useful or very dangerous to have depending on which area it is from,enemies only come in 2 varieties and are not unique,very weak and can only win by using r4tarded skills like softlocking you or using skills that get absurdly strong based on if you have any mutations or not at all.

-very loose and oversimplified "lore",areas are generic,repetable and non interesting or just dont fit in the theme of the game,if there is one atleast,no reward for exploration or reason to,no side quests,no NPCs to talk to,no nothing beyond rushing B the areas to the last boss which is very anti-climatic as is the ending.

+the art might just be the only thing that carries this game forward which is pretty good,I personally really love the rubbery/shiny tendency and how almost all enemies and the few characters look except the vampire which is terrible.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

DeadlyTactician

It's a game that has potential that it didn't tap and some that it did. Given a bit more polish and changes to improve some of the ideas behind the transformations, this game could vastly improve. Some transformations are more punishing then others which is surprising compared to its predecessor which had all of its transformations end up being bonuses in fights.