Others - Vesper - Lust & Hunger [v0.1.49.0] [Starhound Studios]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Shin969

Reviewed as of v0.1.06

Shaping up to be one of my most anticipated VNs of the year. Amazing graphics, a compelling story and all-round solid mechanics for a VN.

Seriously considering supporting the dev seeing such high quality on initial release.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Ronia

Amazing art, compelling premise, and a really good overall direction indicated by the developer. Available for purchase from the Itch.io page, so you can support the developer and the project without having to use patreon.

It's still early, so if you're strapped for cash then by all means grab the free version. But if you have money then this is one of those projects that deserve the support.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

ampnaman

Strikingly crisp art and an interesting premise. I will have to watch this game with great interest. Also the dev promised us dogs, total chad. If the hot heroine gets knotted that's good enough for me.

Release the hounds!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

xciros

great artwork, love the classic open ended game play.
    story seems decent so far. I really like that you already show off the plans for CG gallery and a way to see all possible endings.
    looking forward to how the game comes along.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Vash13

Evaluating this as a Demo. Its very unique and well though out so far.
    Love the art and the idea. The developer is active and is taking feedback and improving on what is being said.
    Also has a pretty awesome 'sandbox' mechanic to progress skills and story.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Bretaninn

A promising erotica in the old-school style of the early Lesson of Passion games, a mix of life simulator and visual novel with well-drawn and intriguing comic graphics. It is not very progressed as of now (v0.1), but contains a dilligently written prologue and the first few days of a 90 day (blood) sucking survival challenge. You should definitely keep an eye on this one!
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Escuro

Art is great, and I like Vampires. The bonding and whatnot is rushed at the start, when you talk with the missing woman. From Vesper's point of view she seemed to just be empathising with the woman and growing to understand her, calling it an obsession and Helena seeming near in love is very sudden and kinda creepy.

Regardless, it hardly matters when it's purely the prologue.

As of now, the gameplay loop itself is massively, overly punishing.

You need to work at least twice a day to gain money reasonably, and after a day or two, one slot is mandatorily a rest slot which you can't unassign to take some fatigue in exchange for money - for some reason - meaning that you have to really just spam journalism twice a day every day.

You only get three slots a day.

There's no time to train up to get good at anything else, and there seems to be literally no point to the bartending, as its just a far worse way of making money. Journalism almost always gives $30, whereas Bartending gives an average of $10-15.

The very first random encounter on day 5 or so, the hobo in the alleyway, only unlocks an additional option at 150+speed.

You gain 5 per training. Even if you did nothing but train until you got this encounter, it's completely impossible to get close enough in the time you have.

Not because you can't reach 150 - although you can't - but rather because you'll get an unceremonious "You went insane" ending long before that, because it only takes a couple days of work for your blood bar to hit full, and a few days after that too until your mind fucking breaks apparently. When your blood gets full you then use most of if not all of the money you have buying $150 worth of blood, then the blood bar does not even fully reset, and you gotta do it over. If you get the hobo encounter, it takes so much money that you're basically doomed.

Way too much micromanaging and grind to get any semblance of balance, especially for a game with no save and load. Maybe give the character more time than "under a week" before she goes completely insane and the game ends if you make a mistake. She's set up as being basically the lowest tier of vampire, literally described as her body fighting to stay human, so it makes little sense that she can go full blood frenzy in a few days flat.

I hope to see this rectified highly in the future updates of the game, along with perhaps some helpful actual description and tutorial for exactly what improving your stats will even bother to do.

As I said, I like vampires.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Lord of Hentaiz

+ Simple but engaging premise
    + Great artstyle
    + Good setting

- Timed dialogue choices, I personally despise this but the window to respond in wasn't too fast. You will generally have enough time to read the options and make a rushed but somewhat informed choice.

I would love if there was an option to disable the timed dialogue choices as it just disrupts the general immersion/flow/fun of the game for me.

Overall the game shows alot of promise, so I'm looking forward to see where this goes. Hoping that the bestiality tag was intended to be part of this game.

v0.1.0
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Rixen

Version : 0.1

For a first release it's absolutely fantastic. I can't wait to see more content. The game feels very polished already, and I have to say, I kinda missed this whole "set character schedule and watch stuff happen" kind of games. Remember Legend of Krystal vG, anyone?
  10. 5.00 star(s)

darksssss

This game is fantastic so far. Its darker theme, with the main character investigating the disappearances of people and later discovering the existence of vampires, turning into one of them, and having to live as a bloodthirsty monster while trying to satisfy the insatiable blood hunger, makes the game really cool. The game mechanics are simple and focused on the story and events, making it easy to play and engaging. The artwork and the main character are also beautifully drawn. This game has shown great potential so far. Keep up the excellent work, man!