• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[S-Play tester] [S>Proofreader] [S>Writer] Veteran Writer offering his heartfelt assistance... probably

Shinoera

Jan 13, 2019
Hey, almost forgot to bump my thread, so here I am :unsure:
Coming back here after having some IRL issues, so now I have some time to give to potential projects, whatever they are, I can give a hand in some way.

So, I'm Shinoera, someone who started writing around 2017, and I also started to love writing around 2017. Strange, I know.
I worked on many different projects ranging from book-like writing to smut, etc. I somehow managed to be part of several devs teams in the past (mainly during the first lockdown, since many projects were created during this period). Unfortunately, on four of them, only one really made it to the "end" I worked a month for the project "Wicked Rouge" for the 0.9 & 0.10 release, but more on this later. From November to December, I worked with a good team, but I got problems here, so I won't share what I did for them, but it's around 31k words.

Skills:
  • Writing for 5 years now, mostly fantasy, fantastic & realistic fiction (3 years in English & 5 in French). I've done some fan-fictions since it was the only thing I didn't try, a refreshing kind of writing in a way, so I'm also quite open to this kind of project.
    • Writing sexual scenes is a given. Depending on the POV, the sex scene can be simpler or harder to depict, tho'.
  • Planning stories from scratch & adapting to already written games or planned ideas. I did the latter for all the teams I was part of. That way, most people could look at my work and understand what I am currently working on despite reworking the script or adding ideas.
  • Working from images to text.
  • I can translate French to English & English to French.
  • Proofreading is, of course, something I can also do.
  • I can also do some play-testing stuff, which can be done for free, we need to talk about it, tho'.
Novel-wise, I'm more of a descriptive writer, visual-novel wise, I mostly focus on dialogues to convey emotions, etc, the art helps a lot, of course, so I stick with a basic description of the thing that can't be depicted by art, like feelings/conflict, odors, small details like expression switches. I avoid sending a flood of information to potential players.

The games I really like and draw inspiration from are "Once In a Lifetime" and "Our Red String". One is simple in its gameplay but follows a funny and well-written story, no need for fancy stuff. For the other, it's a more complicated game from a story branching point of view depending on the choices in a story set in our world, but that's what makes its charm, as an author I can only appreciate the efforts put into this game.

Work Samples:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Preferred method of contact:
— Here is my Discord: Shinoera#1768.
— Or PM me directly here if you want.

Employment Type & Rates:
— No preference, it depends on the project. That's said if the project makes some penny at some point, sharing the money seems fair to me. We just have to talk about it. To be honest, I accepted projects because I could earn some money, but in this field, most of the time, you can only fully focus on what you like to write about and create. That or you end up disliking what you do, and it shows in your writing. Of course, I won't mind getting paid, but I won't accept a game project if after talking about it I'm not feeling it. At least these are my feelings.
— To be fair, since I wait for my main team-mate to come back from his midterms, I'm open to anything. Dunno what I will like or not, but I can also come up with ideas, it's not an issue. The best solution is to start working on it and see how it goes (if the idea seems interesting to me). In a way, I can also help a bit for free, it's something that I'm open to doing to some extent.

Availability:
— I'm okay with most schedules, but talking together about it would be better. We just need to see how much work would be needed of me.

If interested, don't hesitate to send me a message, answer me here or by Discord î_î
I hope that my presentation was enough to convince you and then.

Maybe see you later (y)

Last edited:

riverrungames

Dominus vobiscum
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2021
From one writer to another writing for a similar period, I have to give kudos, your work ethic, organization, and writing skills is seriously impressive. Developers, hire this man and pay him some money! He deserves it.

Hope you find what you're looking for man.

Rayfa Khurain

Jan 5, 2018
Truly sorry about your experiences, you've clearly got the makings of a great writer. Hopefully, you find someone who's willing to recognize your value.

Reactions: riverrungames

jac022

Sep 28, 2018
same with me. at least you got to pay for one project. Every project I joined, they drop or a project dies after no member is active.

Shinoera

Jan 13, 2019
Well, that's a bump!
Sorry to everyone who sends kind words a big while back, my silence wasn't very cool, but I wasn't that much around at the time. Thank you anyway, and I hope everyone found someone nice to work with :sneaky:

Reactions: Ozzymandiass