Victorian Gothic Theme (ie: Penny Dreadful, Sleepy Hollow, Jekyll & Hyde, etc)

Are you interested in a game based on this theme?

• Yes

• No

• Maybe

Results are only viewable after voting.

daloo semoose

Feb 19, 2020
This theme seems to be either overlooked or just not popular? I'm talking an adult game which takes inspiration from stories, moves and games such as Dracula, Van Helsing, Frankenstein, Sleepy Hollow, Penny Dreadful, Bloodborne (well maybe not a game that gruesome and hard).

Over a year ago I got stuck into Daz, Blender, I was already fairly handy with After Effects and Photoshop, at the time I wanted to make a game but I decided to take it one step at a time and make comics first for a year and see how that went and if I would still be interested in making a game 1 year later. Well the time has come and my desire to make a game hasn't waned one bit, in fact its increased. I have a few different story and setting ideas anywhere from high fantasy to present day to sci fi, but there's something about this Victorian Gothic theme that has me curious and possibly wanting to try first. Yes its a dark theme but there's usually a lot of seduction and sexuality in these kind of stories too.

Now, even making comics is a time consuming endeavor so making a game is going to be even more so, before I potentially waste months or years of my life (I'm not getting any younger lol) I need to know if this is a theme people would be interested in, or... are there little to no games with this theme because nobody wants to play them? I'm not looking to reinvent the wheel but I want to make a game different to the current "norm" of incest, modern day school or home setting, weak MC and pure 3D renders of the same characters and assets as everyone else.

I could write a wall of text describing the game, story and characters, but one thing at a time, first I'd like to know if this theme is popular enough to run with and if the art direction I'm heading in is attractive while still trying to keep the dark mood? As I said, I want to offer something different to the norm so I've attached some examples. I fell in love with cel shading style since Borderlands and I think it will work great for the type of game and mood I'm trying to make, it will also allow me to do a lot more animations which I plan to have many in the game. Not a walking simulator like some, but meaningful animations that enhance the story at key moments and of course, sex scenes. These are only very quick, low quality drafts as I've been working more on the bones of the story and game, the art and animations are easy enough to fine tune once I have the base game sorted.

If this theme is popular enough then I'll talk about the plan for the game mechanics and story. Before that though, if you can think of any glaring problems I'll have with this theme and art style then let me know your thoughts, I'd appreciate any feedback that helps me move in the right direction. Thanks.
MC Study p.jpg
Vamp 3way p.jpg Vamp ride.gif Church 1.png Church Bang.gif Dr's office day.png Dr's office night p.jpg Gypsy camp p.jpg Gypsy Caravan Pump.gif