VN Video and sound in RenPY

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hi all, so i have my movie playing and working thx to Rich... but now i have some sound i want to add to it.
I have managed to add the audio and it works great but the sound is not stopping once i click the mouse button. The movie does. What do i need?

Code:
        show text "Jensen falls asleep quickly and dreams again..." with dissolve
        with Pause(3)
        show movie
        play movie "df.avi" loop
        play audio "sexmf.mp3"
        stop audio
        show movie with dissolve
        pause
        hide movie
        stop movie
        scene tempdoorway
        show text "After an hour Jensen wakes up and ponders what he dreamed about..."

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Well is it something that should loop or should it just play once and then stop? The first would be (standard channels) play music "fileName.fileExtension"
stop music

the second would be:
play sound "fileName.fileExtension"
stop sound

Here some more details:

And with stuff like that it would be best to at least read the " " in the documentation, because it handles all the standard stuff ;)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I changed it to play sound and it does not play at all...
play music and it does not play...
only thing that works and seems to loop on its own is as per below...

thx for the link, ive gone through it but have to confess it's not helping me much.

Code:
        show movie
        play movie "dreamone.avi" loop
        play audio "sexmediumorgasm.mp3"
        stop audio
        show movie with dissolve
        pause
        hide movie
        stop movie

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
well.... what is it that you're trying to do actually? It looks like you want to show a video as a movie displayable, then you start the sexmediumorgasm audio file and stop it right the next millisecond, while the movie is supposed to run until you hit a key (space or left mouse button...) ?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Yes... i want the movie and audio to start same time and loop until the user click... The movie stops as soon as the user click but not the audio.. both start when they are called upon.

well.... what is it that you're trying to do actually? It looks like you want to show a video as a movie displayable, then you start the sexmediumorgasm audio file and stop it right the next millisecond, while the movie is supposed to run until you hit a key (space or left mouse button...) ?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
sorted... i used play music and then play sound but the clincher was that i had to put the stop music/sound after the stop movie command...