Ren'Py Village Adventurer - Path of Corruption [v0.2] [Duck's House]

Vicen

Jan 4, 2018
alright looking art but the arms are short, bring the wrist down to the pelvic floor and they'll be more proportional

Knight6797

Jul 26, 2022
I waited for something like this, now only to hope it gets more content and consistent updates in the future, this has lots of potential.

Reactions: Duck's House

Duck's House

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2024
I waited for something like this, now only to hope it gets more content and consistent updates in the future, this has lots of potential.
As for now its only this short demo, so we could test if there was an interest in our project. Next update we'll add weekdays and new activities like combat, tavern keeping and so on. Amelie will take her time to get corrupted, but even so we'll add tons of lewd stuff

at end of the build, devs promise to do updates every 40 days.
yay this has all the right tags/kinks.
It will come in 30-40 days, this depends more on patreon rewards, since it will come out first to supporters. Monthly update is the final goal, we barely released this demo and we have like 5-6 new animations and new characters to add in minigames

Reactions: Knight6797

Duck's House

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2024
Love the concept, barmaid/tavern games are my weak spot. I hope you have fun making the game and continue to update it!
Oh yeah this demo was very fun to produce, the artist already have most of the scenes to the tavern routine we'll add in the 0.2 update, so pretty cool scenes are inbound. Let's see how far Amelie will go for some tips.

sadfuck

Jan 22, 2021
A bit too early to leave a proper review, but so I can keep this one on my radar I'll drop a comment.

First of all, nice work!
The art is charming and I like the simple premise.
I also like how the magic allows for some real world items and things.

A few points:

1) Have a native speaker proofread if you can; aside from some typos, there was some incorrect turns of phrase as well. (For example, we say "Take off [your] clothes" in English, not out. I understand that your team might not be native speakers or have access to any, so at the very least, drop in your drafts in Word or something to at least weed out the typos.
2) I'm a little confused on the "no NTR" commitment when this is a FeMC corruption game. Does this mean we will be able to have Amelie be monogamous? Usually, the point of corruption games is to get the gal nice and tarted up, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to stress no NTR in a sub-genre that it usually isn't relevant for.

As a personal preference, it would be awesome to have a bush toggle. I love me some hair on a lady and I think Amelie would look great with a nice auburn bush. I do know that a lot of people don't like it and might be too hard to implement since you will have so many animations, but it would be nice if you could consider it.

Finally, this might have been just to show off animations, but I personally don't like "imagination" scenes; it's so much hotter saving the real thing for when it actually happens.

Again, all of this is just my 2¢ and I hope that development goes smoothly; I'm certainly rooting for your success as this is a fine start!

Duck's House

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2024
A bit too early to leave a proper review, but so I can keep this one on my radar I'll drop a comment.

First of all, nice work!
The art is charming and I like the simple premise.
I also like how the magic allows for some real world items and things.

A few points:

1) Have a native speaker proofread if you can; aside from some typos, there was some incorrect turns of phrase as well. (For example, we say "Take off [your] clothes" in English, not out. I understand that your team might not be native speakers or have access to any, so at the very least, drop in your drafts in Word or something to at least weed out the typos.
2) I'm a little confused on the "no NTR" commitment when this is a FeMC corruption game. Does this mean we will be able to have Amelie be monogamous? Usually, the point of corruption games is to get the gal nice and tarted up, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to stress no NTR in a sub-genre that it usually isn't relevant for.

As a personal preference, it would be awesome to have a bush toggle. I love me some hair on a lady and I think Amelie would look great with a nice auburn bush. I do know that a lot of people don't like it and might be too hard to implement since you will have so many animations, but it would be nice if you could consider it.

Finally, this might have been just to show off animations, but I personally don't like "imagination" scenes; it's so much hotter saving the real thing for when it actually happens.

Again, all of this is just my 2¢ and I hope that development goes smoothly; I'm certainly rooting for your success as this is a fine start!
Hey there!

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts on our project!

I'll answer your questions and suggestions.

We are not natives indeed, we used Grammarly to proofread the text and it seems it's not perfect, this is something we'll be polishing throughout the updates.

The no NTR tag is not related to Amelie, but to other characters that she'll be together. For example, imagine she is dating her pupil and she'll work at the Chief's house. If she allows the chief to do something to her, her pupil would never know about it. The idea for now is not to add jealousy to the mix. I don't know if this makes sense.

The part about having a bush toggle was something present before we released the finished demo, and it's just like you said, due to many animations this can snowball into a huge problem. Maybe in the future? We'll see.

The scene where the chief imagines her naked was just a little extra but scenes like this will not be present, this one will probably be remade as soon as we have more content to show. I guess it was just to have something more to add to the demo

This first part was more about testing the water, you know? We are a duo of devs that played many games on this forum and this is the very first attempt to bring something that we thought was cool. So the idea now is to develop the world, add background to characters, and create a good progression where Amelie can choose which way she goes.

It's kinda hard to release something without feedback, and someone coming out to say what they think of the project is always helpful so we can shape it into something better.

We are very excited to bring new updates and cool features to the game, thanks for sharing your thoughts once more, you'll be seeing us around very much.

Duck's House

Game Developer
Aug 7, 2024
Cool, last question, will things be opt in or forced?
Optional, as for the demo it wasn't that clear yet but the main goal is to get money for something MC needs. It doesn't matter how. Of course, it is faster by seeing all tags, but it's up to the player