Vintage Art Style

Son of Randy

Feb 28, 2020
Hi, this is my first post so if the subject is wrong, or content is wrong, I apologize.
I have been playing around with a few different ideas for comic, maybe a VR comic for Oculus Go, but still working out use of the 2D style in a 3D world. I like the vintage art style of Randy Dave... not some of the subject matter. I am using his artwork re-drawn and wanted to post some here to see if there is any interest in something like this. HotDog.jpg HalfPrice.jpg Grades.jpg MomsBoyfriend.jpg

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Im bouncing back between 2D only, or 2D in a 3D world, but only because it may make it easier to work with, not really a 3D world players would navigate. Are you saying you want to do a full 3D world?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I like this kinda stuff, but getting it in VR or 3D in general will be hard. 2.5D would maybe be the way to go.

Son of Randy

Feb 28, 2020
I guess you could say 2.5 D The demo is just like Madefires VR comics. Layers, some limited animation, background Audio. I have attempted fully 3D by creating Depth maps and using them as displacement maps and freezing the polygons.. then reduce complexity, smooth etc... and I think it looses the feel of the original art and then you kinda want it to be animated. So 2.5D seems to be the correct style for the art.

Son of Randy

Feb 28, 2020
Im bouncing back between 2D only, or 2D in a 3D world, but only because it may make it easier to work with, not really a 3D world players would navigate. Are you saying you want to do a full 3D world?
Not fully 3D, more like layered drawings for parallax. The product would be like a comic very similar to Madefire comics, except I wrote the scripts in C# within Unity. As it stands now, you can look around and go through a story forwards and back, have BG music play with specific panels, animation, your basic stuff but no movement other than rotation. So the only way that this would be consitered a game is if I made a "chose your own adventure" comic.