4.70 star(s) 17 Votes

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
yes you can launch the desktop exe.

Fron the Devs patreon page:

Virt-A-Mate is currently VR-only
We want to make sure this is clear before you pledge! Virt-A-Mate demos released to backers require a VR headset with motion controllers. Currently supported are:
  • Oculus Rift with Touch controllers
  • HTC Vive (additional trackers will be supported for controlling more things at one time)

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
Mate, there's a desktop exe in the torrent file. You're just being argumentive.
I’m not being argumentative, just repeating what the Dev stated and what’s written in the OP.

If you’ve played the desktop version and it works maybe ping the thread owner to get the op updated and to stop any further confusion.

I checked reddit, and the desktop version does indeed ‘work’ but the UI is built for vr and doesn’t change, so isn’t a great experience.

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
this gif should be in the OP this game is the END of humanity
Is ther any context for the settings used for that? I've tried it a few times and never been able to do that kind of thing...

All it needs now are clothes ripping physics, maybe an old game but no where has come close to xstory player for that.

oldmasterxd

Oct 14, 2016
Is ther any context for the settings used for that? I've tried it a few times and never been able to do that kind of thing...

All it needs now are clothes ripping physics, maybe an old game but no where has come close to xstory player for that.
idk i dont have VR this was posted on 4chan from virt a mate

Zenegata

Nov 7, 2017

Think that was done with the Compliance plugin. Since then, a lot of it has been added into VaM proper. If you select a person node and go to the control tab, I seem to remember there's a button for key, elbows and hands compliance? Something like that. Then you can either possess another person or enable the controller hands, and start pushing them around.

DamnVamMan

Mar 14, 2017
I’m not being argumentative, just repeating what the Dev stated and what’s written in the OP.

If you’ve played the desktop version and it works maybe ping the thread owner to get the op updated and to stop any further confusion.

I checked reddit, and the desktop version does indeed ‘work’ but the UI is built for vr and doesn’t change, so isn’t a great experience.
dude you really are sour. the desktop experience is fine. the only problem is depth, but you can use the mouse wheel for the most part. The possess mode is possible, but not great. 3rd person camera is more than awesome, I recommend everyone with a PC better than mine to check it out.

love how you claim it isn't a great experience when you haven't even tried it yourself...

i7-2600
14GB DDR3
GTX 670 FTW 4GB

Davox

Jul 15, 2017
dude you really are sour.
I'm not replying any more to this as its pointless name calling bullshit.

All I've done is try to answers someonelses question in the quickest way possible by checking what the Dev said on their patreon. When it was pointed out that the Dev may be wrong I did a quick google to confirm this and the 2 Reddit posts that came up both said the desktop experience was poor. I'm not reviewing it or making claims I was just passing on the feedback of others.

I mean even what you've written doesn't make it seem great 1 okay part, one not great part and 1 awesome part.

4.70 star(s) 17 Votes