Virus scanner recommendations

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
My sub on bitdefender is about to end and i need a replacement, while i have been really happy with it's defense the past year and a half there is 1 little thing that it always do what annoys the shit out of me. It flags all the ren' py games. When i load them up. Yes it's that annoying.

PS. Do not recommend me MacAffee or Panda, hate those, with all my heart

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I use bitdefender and never had it flag ren'py games ._.

SpookyDonut

Sep 7, 2016
I use bitdefender and never had it flag ren'py games ._.
Irony or are you serious man, because i had to uninstall bitdefender after just three days of using... i mean he flags everyfuckingthing and it's annoying :tiredface: kaspersky is my fav right now

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Irony or are you serious man, because i had to uninstall bitdefender after just three days of using... i mean he flags everyfuckingthing and it's annoying :tiredface: kaspersky is my fav right now

4 months since I've been using it. Never had it flag ren'py games ._.

Reactions: SpookyDonut

SpookyDonut

Sep 7, 2016
Some kind of Voodoo right here :eek: But how? blocked applications after just two days of using were like 36 for me :frown:

FallenLondon

Aug 5, 2016
I've had pretty good experiences with Eset/NOD32 ( ). Those experiences date from a few years back though, don't know if they're still good and lightweight.

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
Was still using 2017 version since I had a week on my license, 2018 is flagging it. I'll try to update you on it if I can o.0

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
1# BitDefender TS 2018 (24.99EU atm)
---------------
Kaspersky / Avira / F-Secure.

AV Reviews:

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
weird how you guys are not having problems on running ren'py games on bitdefender. Anyhow got some info to work with

TCMS

Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
After contacting ren'py and bitdefender I've understood what the problem is, but not sure if there will be a solution.

Advanced Threat Defense identifies anomalies on the device and correlates different suspicious behaviors to significantly improve detection with less impact on performance than ever.

Each action is scored, and every process receives an overall score. If the overall score for a process reaches a certain point, the process is marked as harmful and will be blocked automatically.
Will let you know when I have more info, but I think the guy that I'm talking with is not all that interested in fixing this

Nightcrawler

Carpe Diem
Donor
May 23, 2017
Ditched bit defender for same reason it kept quarantining renpy exe got fed up with having to white list them

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Using a mac to avoid 96% of all software ever made, will certainly reduce your risk of getting a virus.
View attachment 22510
#1 in development Linux, #1 in development money being made Apple!, Richest company in the world Apple!, #1 in money spent on gaming Apple Store!, #1 in music sales iTunes store!, yawn!

pystudios

Ninja By Sea
Donor
Game Developer
Sep 21, 2017
Gaming had Apple 1st, Google 2nd, Sony 3rd and Microsoft 4th about tied with Nintendo.

grgor

Jul 12, 2017
High tier:
Kaspersky
Nod32
McAfee

Free and decent tier:
Avast
BitDefender

Shit tier:
Symantec
AVG