Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Vis_SM_Cover.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for Vis
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, in-game walkthough guide, custom settings, custom fonts and much more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development.

Note: Custom iPatch is included, mod is 100% complete.​

Updated: 10/01/2022
Game/Creator: Vis / Mad King Games / - - -
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: v2.0.1
Game Version: v1.6.1, v1.6 Sandbox (obsoleted by dev), and v2.0.1
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port). I'll progressively add additional cheats for Sandbox mode as it's coded (WIP).
  • Adds a high percentage iPatch. - Do NOT use this mod with the iPatch listed on the VN's OP.
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

SanchoMod GUI/Features
Vis SM D02a.jpg Vis SM D02b.jpg Vis SM D02c.jpg Vis SM D02e.jpg
Vis SM D02f.jpg Vis SM D02g.jpg Vis SM D02h.jpg Vis SM D02i.jpg Vis SM D02j.jpg
Toggled iPatch
Vis SM C01o.jpg Vis SM C01p.jpg
VN Only Mode (use on correct DL of game is required)
(no longer pertinent)
Vis SM D02b-VN.jpg
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
( I'm working on teasers )

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

For those few scrub code bandits, please see the fine print below.
Special note to a couple wanna-be hack "modders" out there: I know you're stealing my code for your personal monetary gain. Keep it up and I'll call you out publicly with ample evidence.
Always give credit to the rightful creator, show respect, and don't get your hand stuck in the cookie jar.

Last edited:

Moisan4

Jul 12, 2017
Does anyone else have their Leader stat reset every time you chose an option to raise it? Like having Leader = 2, then choosing an option to raise Leader +1, and now Leader = 1, and not 3. This also happens once with Seducer too, while talking to Morrigan. You can have Seducer = 1, and get a choice that increses Seducer +2, but if you choose that option, you get Seducer = 2, and not 3 like it should.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Does anyone else have their Leader stat reset every time you chose an option to raise it? Like having Leader = 2, then choosing an option to raise Leader +1, and now Leader = 1, and not 3. This also happens once with Seducer too, while talking to Morrigan. You can have Seducer = 1, and get a choice that increses Seducer +2, but if you choose that option, you get Seducer = 2, and not 3 like it should.
It's bugged code. The other walkthroughs are wrong. My mod fixed the Dev's Leader bugs which I noted to Dev via post here. What I didn't catch was the one Seducer bug which you are referring to. I'll fix it if the dev doesn't. Here's the OEM code for reference:
Code:
menu:
    "{i}She noticed my gaze. I might as well compliment her.{/i}":
        $ seducer_stat =+ 2
        jump compliment_her_01

"{i}Oh well, this is embarrassing. Let’s change the subject.{/i}":
        jump change_subject_01
Notice the [ $ seducer_stat =+ 2 ] which is incorrect code, it should read [ $ seducer_stat += 2 ]

When the = is placed first it takes priority and forced the variable back to "2" instead of adding "2".

I wrote the issue to Dev here giving you credit for finding. Regards.

Regards

Last edited:
Reactions: Moisan4

drogoneto

Jul 20, 2019
Not working for me, I extract everything to the game folder but no cheats menu is displayed and I now get this error + game doesn't launch anymore.

BGRW2020

Jul 8, 2020
interesting but the discusions are somewhat slow and boring, the first part seems ok but the sandbox - not sure what to make of it

Goldengond

Dec 23, 2020
hello thank you for this mod may i ask for something ? can you add cheat menu as well for money and stats ?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Not working for me, I extract everything to the game folder but no cheats menu is displayed and I now get this error + game doesn't launch anymore.
You don't have it installed correctly. Start again with a fresh install of the game, then follow the instructions exactly "extract contents to the game directory". What you did (according to your error report) is created a directory in the "game" folder named "Vis 1.4 SanchoMod" and extracted the contents there...which is incorrect.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
The mod isn't working for me
Not enough information for me to assist but I'll take a guess of the most common mistake folks make when installing mods. Verify correct install, the contents of the compressed file go inside the VN's "game" folder. That means when you are done you should have the following directory structure: (VN title directory)/game/SanchoMod

The Midget

Aug 17, 2019
The mod isn't working for me too, i extracted the files(Sancho Mod and script) to game folder and overwrited as prompted. But when i open the game, the mod doesn't work, not even appear in preferences.

Reactions: aidaan

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
You totally did not install as directed:
1630723411582.png
You installed as a folder structure: game/Vis 1.4 SanchoMod/scripts ... this is why you get an error. That is NOT what the instructions say to do.

I'll put this as simply as possible to install a mod (for any RenPy game, not just this mod).

1. Extract base game to a known directly (or root of your drive if that's your kick). For the sake of my sanity we will call the folder you installed named C:\MyWankGamesFolder
  2. Now, you have Vis installed (or any other RenPy game but let's keep this on track) in this directory. The directory (folder) structure now looks like this: C:\MyWankGamesFolder\Vis-1.4-pc (or something similar, but we'll keep it this way for instruction).
  3. Inside that Vis folder you will find a "game" folder. The structure looks like this: C:\MyWankGamesFolder\Vis-1.4-pc\game
  4. Extract the contents (the whole contents, not just whatever you feel like) inside that "game" folder. NOT anywhere else you feel it should be. Only there. Right there. Now inside that "game" folder you should see a "SanchoMod" folder. The directory structure will look like this: C:\MyWankGamesFolder\Vis-1.4-pc\game\SanchoMod
  5. Congratulations, you're done. Enjoy.

The mod isn't working for me
The mod isn't working for me too, i extracted the files(Sancho Mod and script) to game folder and overwrited as prompted. But when i open the game, the mod doesn't work, not even appear in preferences.
Please check the above and insure it's installed correctly. Let me know. Regards.

MausMaus

Aug 2, 2018
I installed the mod correctly, extracted the zip into vis/game as I have with 100s of other games/mods. The walkthrough part of it seems to be working fine, but that SanchoMod option in the preferences(From the first pic in the OP) is not there? Does it enable somewhere later into the game or something?

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I installed the mod correctly, extracted the zip into vis/game as I have with 100s of other games/mods. The walkthrough part of it seems to be working fine, but that SanchoMod option in the preferences(From the first pic in the OP) is not there? Does it enable somewhere later into the game or something?
Nah, you didn't miss anything. I was going to port SanchoMod v5 to it but decided in the end not to yet. I need the dev to truly implement the sandbox so I don't waste a boatload of hours coding Python scripts for nothing. We need to see where this is headed next before I introduce all the many new features of the core mod. Regards.

Reactions: MausMaus

Bouboulle

Aug 11, 2017
1633015574813.png

Hello, sadly it didn't work, i dont in preference any info about your mod but in game i see what action gives stats, so i guess it works

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hello, sadly it didn't work, i dont in preference any info about your mod but in game i see what action gives stats, so i guess it works
What? I have no idea what you just said. "it didn't work"...."so i guess it works" I don't know what you need assistance with bud.

Akifai

May 8, 2017
Is the cheat menu for adding stat points supposed to work, or is it just a placeholder? When I click the "cheat" button, the only feature that works is the "rename mc" option. Every choice except for that one gets an "exception has occurred" error. The walkthrough in the mod works fine.

Sancho1969

Devoted Member
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Is the cheat menu for adding stat points supposed to work, or is it just a placeholder? When I click the "cheat" button, the only feature that works is the "rename mc" option. Every choice except for that one gets an "exception has occurred" error. The walkthrough in the mod works fine.
Good evening. I did not code any cheat features nor screen in the mod. Until the dev gives us an idea on where this is all headed there is no point in it tbh. The entire "sandbox" portion is the dev's code, including the "cheat" scripting. I did not attempt to fix as, again, it's not even a thing yet....it's just a proof of concept at this point.