VN Visual novel piracy survey

hcdev

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
To sate my curiosity both as a developer and player of visual novels, I compiled a 20-minutes survey you can complete at the below link:

My goal is to compare the piracy habits of players from various horizons (are you into hentai? gay? otome games?) and compare how much games from each category get player, pirated or purchased, and how this could possibly affect the VN community and game sales, whether negatively OR positively.

I'm close to 200 answers so far. Hoping to get a thousand eventually so I get a good sample size.

Have fun answering. :p

Hagatagar

Oct 11, 2019
This reminds me of a survey conducted by one of Japan's largest manga publishers, which casually asked for the names of the piracy sites where people read their mangas. :KEK:

And even if I wanted to (which I don't), I couldn't even fill that survey, because I already fail at the first required question:
1672680280341.png

As if I remember the order of games I played in the 90s. :HideThePain:

Reactions: Donjoe81

hcdev

Game Developer
Dec 14, 2019
This reminds me of a survey conducted by one of Japan's largest manga publishers, which casually asked for the names of the piracy sites where people read their mangas. :KEK:

And even if I wanted to (which I don't), I couldn't even fill that survey, because I already fail at the first required question:
View attachment 2281065

As if I remember the order of games I played in the 90s. :HideThePain:
You found me. I'm the fed!!! :illuminati: