Visual novel plugin for rpgmaker mz?

ViccieBros

Game Developer
Jul 12, 2021
Hi,

I want to make use of the functionality of the rpg maker, because of the easy way to handle variables.
This way, i can make a decent sandbox game.

Renpy is not my thing, and Visual novel maker is too limited. So can anyone suggest me a plugin for either RPG maker MV of rather GT.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Maybe i can revamp my old game, made in VNM.

Thnx

ViccieBros

Yooshi

Mega-Chonker
Game Developer
Dec 11, 2017
You said that Ren'py is not your thing and I get that but when it comes to Visual Novels I would recommend thinking twice about using RPGM for that.

Learning basic Ren'py (it's all you need to make a VN) would probably cost you much less time than actually preparing RPGM for making Visual Novels.

sashalag

Mar 10, 2019
VNM has the same way of handling variables, conditions, common events, etc from RPGM (or almost the same, still digging into VNM).
I am trying to make a VN with point and click elements, paperdoll system, stats systems and checks for the paperdoll and CG images, etc in VNM, and it has everything I need so far and way easier than learn code (at least when one is not too young, like me), sincerelly, the visual UI is a plus for me, I just want to make a VN, not return to school to learn code languages...
I got VNM in a Steam sale last week for just 15$ and knowing how to use RPGM, it worth a try for that price ( not at full price, that´s too expensive having Renpy or Twine for free..)

I recommend you to give VNM a try, if you already know how to use RPGM instead of using RPGM for a VN (I already tried that the last year, and it´s doable with RPGM, but VNM it´s made for...well...visual novels :D