Visual Style

Urok

Apr 15, 2018
Hi,

I'm experimenting a bit with a new visual style for my next VN. I was wondering what you guys think...
The images are screenshots from different movies and with some post-processing. The content will be free.

The plot is pretty simple... the son that decides to take advantage of her stepmother.

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Something that might work out is,
it is alright in my opinion to use techniques such as this,
where you use post processing on images to make a unique style.
What I think may improve things is that,
at least what I have tried to do before:
Have backgrounds and non important characters the most distorted,
have characters of interest a little less distorted (that is to say, we can see a bit more detail)
and have the most important character (at least her body) in the best quality you are willing to go for,
this way there is plenty of interesting details where it matters and the rest of the image is more like a backdrop.
I find that if I do this technique with a brushing effect, it makes the image look more hand made that photoshopped.

Urok

Apr 15, 2018
The problem with that method is that requires the extra work of separating the characters from the background... Mmmm...

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
Yep, Worst yet if you want to animate it, you then have to slice up characters, photoshop in parts that were hidden before in the image, etc. That is what I am currently having to deal with. Art (or anything really) is only as good as the amount of effort you are willing to put in.

Urok

Apr 15, 2018
Totally agree. By now I'll experiment with different post-processing but I don't think I'll take it too far as it's mainly to do some tests. I appreciate your input!