Unreal Engine - Abandoned - Vizonica [v0.22e] [Riz games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

t727

Thank the fuck this game got abandoned!
    I usually doesn't write that but what a horrendous game this was.
    The developer hasn't even seen someone else play a game, how controls work.
    No sex, no nothing!
  2. 2.00 star(s)

AurSol

This is a review for Vizonica [v0.22e] [Riz games] Things may be updated further in the updates.

The game itself looks good, doesn't lag much even with low specs PC albeit the grass may be overkill, it is a nice looking game.

However...

It is painfully hard to play and not because the difficulty of the enemies but just by the design of the game, it is designed like a turn based game where you move your characters around separately like a chess board yet it is a real time game with enemies that doesn't wait for you to change character to attack differently, there's no AI aside of the enemies from what i've seen and you need to painfully move each characters yourself.

That in itself could have been somewhat ok but there's no way to enable running in the safe camp which means you have to painfully walk both characters around yourself and you take an hour Just to get to the tutorial battle.

There's also the dialogue which are slow and impossible to skip and painfully long for what they are...

Albeit the screenshots are enticing, you won't see any of those until you spent an absurd amount of time just doing basic stuff, Do not try to play this game until all the issues stated below or at least the most annoying points have been changed.

This count;
    - Please leave a way to skip dialogue/skip intro and tutorial battle.
    - Please remove the 2 separate character system and just put an AI on one of them or at least let an AI control one when the other is player controlled. This is not a turn based game.
    - Please please enable running in the base camp.
    - Make the dogs AIs that follows their master and do not leave them an actual hitbox that can get your character stucks but just a standard hitbox that can take damage but can't stop someone and if they get stuck by the terrain somehow just let them re-spawn on the character if too far.

The rest are just fine tuning and are not really too game breaking and depends on the players but all of the above are things that needs to be adressed.

Again, it's a really nice looking game with a good base, hence why i gave it 2 stars, but the gameplay is terrible and the character system needs to be reviewed completely.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

marshall03999

Flunky controls, and sheet provided in the file about the game and controls are poorly written. The graphics however, are rather wonderful. Considering the game engine used was "Unreal Engine" this is hardly surprising. What really killed the game for me (Personally) was the lay-out of the controls, very unorthodox, and feels flunky.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

ulix

Slow, no clear witch keys use to move. It start with a scene where any charapters say something, pause one minute and another say something else and again pause... I stopped and deleted immediately. It a waste of time to create a game like that and make and completely ignore the usability of the player.
  5. 1.00 star(s)

DeseoRabbit

Review for v0.22e
    Recommended: NO
    # TL: DR
    At its current state, the game is almost unplayable (if you want to waste your time and have infinite patience, you can try it.).
    # Pros And Cons
    Pros:
    + Good models
    * Might have animations. Didn't get to this point due to the cons.
    Cons:
    - Terrible game design.
    - Terrible game controls.
    - Game controls are not shown or told, you have to guess.
    - Terrible game mechanics.
    - Motion blur with no option to disable it.
    - Below average storytelling, bad writing.
    - Grammar mistakes
    - You can't disable background music.
    - In-game settings do nothing.
    - Time-based dialog. (You have to wait for the dialog to continue on its own. You can't skip. And the time it gives you is way too much.)
    - Characters don't run, they only walk at a slow speed.
    * Possibly more, didn't find out because I quit.
    # Overview
    ## Beginning
    When the game starts out it the characters introduce each other to others. Now that wouldn't be bad if it wasn't obvious that they already knew each other, which means that it's done just for the player. That's bad writing. There are also some grammar mistakes.
    After the cutscenes/dialogs, you select which character you want to control (2 females, 2 dogs, 4 characters in total).
    ## Gameplay
    After you select a character, instinctively you know that WASD is to move. Every other action? You have to guess. Want to switch characters? Guess the button (It's F1)! Want to interact with something? Guess (F?). Want to exit inventory? Guess (C? or X?. Not sure.).
    Even when moving, the characters can only walk! And at a slow speed too!
    What's even worse is that the character that you are not controlling just stands in place, which means that if you want to move to other places or progress, you have to switch between them and slowly walk to the objectives one character at a time.
    It is also worth mentioning, that there is also no minimap, map, compass, or any other directions to the objective, and the objectives are ... incomplete? (After completing an objective you have to return to the commander, but that is not told to the player, another bad game design example).
    # End notes
    I didn't get any further than the intro. When I got on the boat and found that all characters need to be on it to progress, I simply closed the game. There are a lot better games on this site than this. At its current state, I would skip it.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

driepinter

Nice graphics, and maybe it's also a nice game, but I will never find out with these horrible controls.
    This is not playable, maybe the creator of this game should first try and play some open world 3D games like Skyrim to find out what he is doing wrong in this game.
    For now I can not give this game more than 2 stars.