VN problems with new GPU/monitor

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
Hey guys, recently upgraded my system, new 27" 2k monitor from a 1080p and a 4070 from a 1070, but now I have an issue.
Not sure which seems to be the problem but some VN's (mostly older titles but even some old titles work fine), seem to overfill the screen.
Attached examples:
1687601984346.png

Almost looks normal but what you don't see is that my mouse cursor is over to right side in the black part of the screen past the actual game window and a little further down in the y-screen co-ordinates than the red selected menu option.

1687602181805.png

This is what you actually see full screen for this game, overfilling past the right and bottom part of the screen.
Most games with issues are like this second image.

Not every old game, just some. I have an old Ciel game from 2004 (classic Tony Taka) that renders fine in classic 4:3 format with the black sidebars no problem.
Windowed mode is fine but who'd want to use a small window?

I did go into the Nvidia control panel and checked the ratio scaling and set it to scale by ratio with GPU but that doesn't do anything.
Anyone with any ideas?

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
Mess around with your new monitor settings once you put the game in fullscreen.

It could be a rogue setting that is activating on smaller resolutions that is messing with the aspect ratio or screenfill settings.

Reactions: Gaelen

Gaelen

Aug 4, 2022
It's using DisplayPort connector instead of HDMI, could that be an issue?
I've checked the monitor settings but don't see anything else that alters screen size/resolution.

edit: Ah no nevermind, thanks for the tip, I've found that it's "adaptive Sync" that's the issue. Turned it off and now it's fine. Thanks again.