Ren'Py - Abandoned - VN Zone [v1.1] [VNZone]

1. 4.00 star(s)

katmandomo

Version Reviewed: v1.0

Overview: A wacky trip across the realm of parody and homage.

Story: You are a narcissist who gets sent to a world where, uh, stuff happens. It's kind of hard to explain the plot because it's more of a collection of disconnected short callbacks or meta humor. This is where the game struggles, the English is a bit broken and there are quite a number of grammar errors. Parody games are the hardest to write and I think the dev may have bitten off more than he can chew here. The last bit of the game ends with you in a fairly complex setup that seems like it might be trying to transition to a sisterfucker (you know, three or four timeslots per day, a bunch of different rooms and people you have to find to interact with to advance the story), but the game ends shortly after laying down the groundwork for this. It's entirely possible the dev will abandon it immediately in the next version.

Art: Wow, there are a lot of big juicy animations in this game. The renders are high quality (usually) and the backgrounds are well designed. The flipside is of course this fairly short game clocks in a 2GB. The dev likes to flex on us with stuff like even the start menu being fully animated. And I'm not talking about 2 frame "in-n-out" affairs, this is full up animation.

Gameplay: It's a VN. There are a few points where you get "do/don't do" or "choose only one scene to see" parts. There might be consequences to your choices later, but in this version nothing matters.

Conclusion: I can't give this one 5 stars because the script is too broken, but I have to admit that the dev went above and beyond with the graphics. It hits you with the sexy stuff quickly and regularly as well.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

visagedirect

What a great start, renders are good, script is good, the humour aspect really makes a difference ! What a great start ! I hope the dev continues this, its a refreshing change ! Keep going dev, Well done !
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Gosamr

So far...it's totally brilliant. Bordering on genius...which may well be yet to come (so to speak).
    Often hilarious, always (to me) tastefully irreverent (unless you're one of the uptight pc (no, not computer) crowd and sublimely illustrated and animated.
    The only criticism I could think of is that guy looks nothing like Rod Serling (just kidding).
    Thanks so very much for sharing your prodigious talent with us Mr/Ms Zone. It's been a pleasure...as I said...so far.