Seeking VNS with interesting setting/choices/gameplay

mindbender25

Feb 6, 2022
I'm somewhat new in this whole thing but I have been binging VN's here like crazy lately after I gave BADIK a go which I found randomly from some reddit thread.

While I really enjoyed BADIK I quickly grew tired of all the "regular college student" thing where the chicks threw themselves at you. What I'm looking for is some interesting concepts/systems/environments like

City of Broken Dreamers
Rebirth (I really liked the stuff with powers and stats you could develop depending on your choices even if it's just an illusion or whatever)
Hillside
The Bite: Revenant (also digged the stat system)
Defending Lydia Collier

Essentially what I'm looking for is a different setting with maybe some illusion of progression or whatever, I don't play VNS to be a high schooler, I already did that, I want to be a badass ex military, lawyer, doctor, vampire, whatever, you catch my drift, lewd shit is cool but I don't mind it not being a focus of the game, but I appreciate multiple choices/approaches/point systems etc.

If anyone has found some cool gems here I'd appreciate

Reactions: sonhot

mindbender25

Feb 6, 2022
In no particular order:
Pale Carnations, The DeLuca Family and Love of Magic.

All three of them have quite unusual and extremely interesting settings and very interesting story/characters. In none of them you begin as a badass though.

Other than that, you may find Savior interesting.

Lastly, the only other game I can think of where the mc begins as a badass and I really liked is Long Road Home.
hey, thanks, yeah I've heard that DeLuca Family is good, might give it a go, Long Road Home seems decent enough, I'll add it to my list.

but yeah the "being a badass" thing is more like just that I'd prefer if the MC had some progression towards something or skills/profession other than "high school student that bangs milfs".