Unity - Completed - Vulvaldia Intersection ~Saving the World with Semen Collection~ [v1.03] [Acerola]

1. 3.00 star(s)

cunning_linguist

It's another Acerola HRPG, now teamed up with another longtime eroge dev ONEONE1. It's got your usual Acerola game mechanics: squeeze semen from your opponents, use that semen to grow stronger, and use that newfound power to squeeze out more semen. Rinse and repeat.

The game features both event CG and in-battle animations. You can definitely tell the artwork was divided between the two studios. I can't say for certain, but Rachel (the main character) definitely looks like a ONEONE1 character and Chris (the supporting character) would fit right at home with previous Acerola entries. Events in town are quite plentiful, with a decent number of NPCs to interact with in each town and trigger H events.

While there are some reused assets throughout the scenes, each CG is nonetheless drawn very nicely and I don't think it's overall a bit detriment to the H quality. The in-battle animations on the other hand... Well if you like the overly exaggerated style of ONEONE1's eroge, then you'll appreciate these. However, they only trigger 1) as defeat animation or 2) once in a blue moon if/when the enemy decides to grapple you.

You only control Rachel in battle while Chris takes a back seat to support you. Despite this, Chris has a small variety of outfits to choose from while Rachel only has the bikini armor, at least from what I've been able to discover. I find this an especially missed opportunity since this means that Rachel doesn't get any battle rape animations at all (again, unless I'm missing something).

The battle system is pretty typical for an Acerola game, however instead of a traditional MP bar, techniques in battle now use an SP system. Each technique costs a certain amount of SP, and at the end of your turn you recover back some SP which can be increased through the skill system. This system helps streamline combat quite a bit, as spamming your most powerful techniques isn't very costly and it'll only be a short matter of time before the bar refills and you can use them more. It means you spend less time in the menu spamming MP/SP heals in-between fights and more time either exploring or battling. And of course, depending on your character's lewdness stats, you can always trivialize any semblance of challenge by stripping nude raising your stats through the roof.

My biggest complaint about this game is the lack of content. I'm not against shorter games in the slightest, but I did beat this game with just 2 hours clocked with in-game time. I did skip through all the dialogue, which greatly cuts the play time, but this game feels either very rushed or incomplete. The game is very light on side quests, the only real ones around are when you enter tentacle dungeons to retrieve something for money. I would have really appreciated some quests that would have awarded some unique CGs or at the very least more outfits for the characters.

The real killer here is the lack of a gallery mode. I messed around with all the options and couldn't find one despite all my experimentation, and rei patcher hasn't been very helpful with navigating the menus in Unity. That alone makes it very difficult for me to really recommend this game, even if it is really solid otherwise. If someone knows how to access gallery mode, then please give me a mention or message and I'll update the rating to a 4/5 but for now I'm gonna have to give it a 3.