Mod Ren'Py Waifu Academy - Lain's Walkthrough & Improvements Mod [v0.9.4a] [Maim Lain]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

Maid Lain

Modder
Game Developer
Apr 4, 2018
banner.jpg

Updated: 2021-10-13
Game/Creator: Waifu Academy /
Modder:
Game Version: 0.9.4a

Features:

In-game Walkthrough:
This mod adds an in-game walkthrough to the game Waifu Academy! If there is a choice that leads to a scene that could be missed it will be highlighted green so you don't miss any scenes. Any choices that lead to game over scenes will also have a note next to them to let you know that they lead to a game over. I've also removed all of the superficial karma popups, which makes the game experience much better.

Option to start at new content:
When you start a new game you have the option to either start at the beginning of the game or skip to the start of the new update in case you've lost your save and don't want to replay the earlier parts of the game.

Improved Scene Gallery:
The mod also improves the scene replay gallery by adding around 35 scenes that are missing from the official gallery, and all of the gallery scenes are now already unlocked by default.

Improved UI:
Improves the game's UI by replacing the textbox with one that is smaller and more transparent, makes the text more readable, and adds an option to disable the quick menu and phone button so they don't block the screen.

HD Images:
I've also made an optional "HD Images" mod that replaces the game's images with ones that are higher quality and aren't as compressed. The original images are 800mb total size of quality while the HD Image mod is 2GB total size of quality.

Free Roam / Open World:
Ever wanted to just chill and explore the world of Waifu Academy? The final feature that the mod adds is a standalone free roam mode with a day/night and event system with 27 locations and 46 events. The free roam mode is separate from the main story and can be started from the main menu.

Installation:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Dev Notes:

DOWNLOADS:

Walkthrough & Improvements Mod:

- -

HD Images Mod (optional):
-

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.gif

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2021
Thanks for the mod. I couldn't load my saves and this fixed it. Thank you.

But I have to ask. Did this mod get rid of the quick save and quick load features at the bottom of the screen? All I see is back, skip, auto, save, and menu. I guess I can still just use the save button and load through the menu but I really made use of the quick save and quick load features.

Reactions: jxd and Yaboiii699

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Always love your mods but with the "improved ui" will that make the font smaller? i already have a problem with font being small so it being smaller is a no go for me Lol (unless i can just edit the font size manual)

Techstar

Crlazy Compressor
Modder
Game Compressor
Donor
Dec 31, 2017
Waifu Academy - Lain's HD Images Mod [v0.9.0a] [Maim Lain] - Compressed
You like this game/mod and want to support the developer/modder, click on their name below.
Developer: Modder:

Original Mod Size: 1.98 GB

Compressed Mod (High Quality) Size: 882 MB
Compressed Mod (Medium Quality) Size: 481 MB

Compressed using YAC - Yet Another Cruncher (A Game Compactor) [V3.1b]
[/SPOILER]
This compression is unofficial which reduces image/audio/video quality and might break the game.

If you enjoy this compressed version, please click the "(y)like" to give me support.
I would really hope that the walkthrough/gallery mod Maim Lain made for Waifu Academy might be compressed? I know there will be compatibility issues trying to install on a compressed version of the game...thanks in advance if it's doable...

Last edited:

"CJ"

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 6, 2021
Is there possibility of getting updated mod from him soon.

Don't know. How about asking him? :unsure:

And please don't ask for a mod in the thread of another mod, do it in the game thread instead! Thx

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes