Nick Nosferatu

May 16, 2017
"Update ETA : Focus on sex and funny slice of life moment at the Academy
-Storyboard : 100% ✅
-Renders/Animation : 80%
-Script : 35%
-Dialogue : 35%
-Sounds/Voices : 35%

(A full day of content with all moment of the day, 350+ renders already done.)
(Four animated lewd scenes including Kaori, Helen, Tomoe and Asuka.)
("bonus" sexy scene including Elizabeth, Inori, Minami and Yoko.)"

Helen, Yoko and Tomoe in the same update, this is a very early Christmas gift (though, it's Irphaeus, the update could drop in December).

RDFozz

Apr 1, 2022
"Update ETA : Focus on sex and funny slice of life moment at the Academy
-Storyboard : 100% ✅
-Renders/Animation : 80%
-Script : 35%
-Dialogue : 35%
-Sounds/Voices : 35%

(A full day of content with all moment of the day, 350+ renders already done.)
(Four animated lewd scenes including Kaori, Helen, Tomoe and Asuka.)
("bonus" sexy scene including Elizabeth, Inori, Minami and Yoko.)"

Helen, Yoko and Tomoe in the same update, this is a very early Christmas gift (though, it's Irphaeus, the update could drop in December).
Obviously, this could be a transcription error of some sort, and I may be accused of picking nits.

That said: while this provides lots of good information on what to expect from the next update, "ETA" stands for estimated time of arrival - in this context, when we could expect to see the update. I see no reference to any time frame.

I believe the dev was aiming for every three to four months. In that case, id expect patrons to see something next month, I think. If, in context, they were letting previous statements stand and set expectations, I suppose that's all right.

However (as the person relaying the data makes clear), the dev has not yet really established a firm new release pattern. Allowing for a couple of weeks for testing, having the next top tier Patron release out in a month feels tight to me (as a developer myself, though not of this sort of project explicitly).

I'm very picky about the words I use. I'd personally recommend to the dev (if given the opportunity) that they avoid wording that indicates a release time frame until they believe they can definitely hit whatever date/time frame they give. This could be termed a "development progress update" rather than an "update ETA".

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
We have a statement that claims there are about 350 renders now, and the total number is 80% done. So another 80-90 to go. That's both a very small update, and a not very productive output for 3 months.

For the regular amateur developer trying to make a game for fun those are totally acceptable numbers. But for a developer who seems to claim this is his livelihood, wouldn't you expect more?

warlordactual

Nov 19, 2017
We have a statement that claims there are about 350 renders now, and the total number is 80% done. So another 80-90 to go. That's both a very small update, and a not very productive output for 3 months.

For the regular amateur developer trying to make a game for fun those are totally acceptable numbers. But for a developer who seems to claim this is his livelihood, wouldn't you expect more?
Also that’s 350+ with help from one of his bees.. so 3 months for like 430+ renders with help. When other devs who also release updates with double that or even more within that time frame

4.10 star(s) 264 Votes