WebMarca

Oct 28, 2018
It depends really. Day in game can be filled with fun events and sexscenes or be just "wake up, go to school, eat dinner, molest someone in sleep". WA updates tends to be closer to the former one.
But I belive that this update still will be disappointing to many. I assume it will probably have twice content of normal release with thirce waiting time.
I definitely agree. Promises were meant to be broken. What happen to the
"Oh, because this update is massive and contains 4 in-game days (which now happens to just 3 days)"
and another one is that, another promise could be broken
"Update is suppose to come out this weekend (As it may be prolong again and relase to a weekday next week)"

No longer trusting this kind of dev. **booo** hahaha.
So, unworthy of funds.

Genji

Engaged Member
Dec 1, 2017
I definitely agree. Promises were meant to be broken. What happen to the " Because this update is massive and contains 4 in game days (which now happens to just 3 days" and another one is that another promise could be broken "Update is suppose to come out this weekend (As it may be released and prolong to weekday next week"

No longer trusting this kind of dev. **booo**
hhahha,yeah i feel cheated too when i see in his patreon..i though at first the update will have 1 weeks ingame since it takes too long,3 month already,then irphaeus said only 4 days ingame which is shocked me at first,now its 3 days ingame..well,just dont dissapoint me irphaeus,i like it more with your usual update,it short but satisfying

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
I definitely agree. Promises were meant to be broken. What happen to the
"Oh, because this update is massive and contains 4 in-game days (which now happens to just 3 days)"
and another one is that, another promise could be broken
"Update is suppose to come out this weekend (As it may be prolong again and relase to a weekday next week)"

No longer trusting this kind of dev. **booo** hahaha.
So, unworthy of funds.
hhahha,yeah i feel cheated too when i see in his patreon..i though at first the update will have 1 weeks ingame since it takes too long,3 month already,then irphaeus said only 4 days ingame which is shocked me at first,now its 3 days ingame..well,just dont dissapoint me irphaeus,i like it more with your usual update,it short but satisfying
And the fun fact is the dev is not xcatly the real problem ... The actual ones are who will still tryna defend him despite totally aware of what is wrong...

PS: The dum-dums are right in the corner getting ready to brutally troll us ... Because "we don't pay for the game"...." We don't know what it takes to be a game dev" ... Blah-blah and so on
And then *enter Irpheaus.... Defending himself getting a few Pats on the back...
And just like Everytime everything is fine:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
BTW correct me if I'm wrong ,
as long as I remember he'd a goal to reach 1000 patrons till he hire a new member for help last week ?!?... It seems to be changed.. maybe I don't remember exactly

warrug25

Jul 2, 2017
Now, I don't pay for the game and so I quietly wait for the new update.
But, as a computer engineer, I can't avoid pointing out a thing: should I (or any software developer, or in general anyone working to a deadline-featuring project) ever miss a deadline the way Irphaeus is missing his one and justify myself the way he is justifying himself, I would be fired at the speed of light and be assured I would never work again for whatever company in my sector.

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
Now, I don't pay for the game and so I quietly wait for the new update.
But, as a computer engineer, I can't avoid pointing out a thing: should I (or any software developer, or in general anyone working to a deadline-featuring project) ever miss a deadline the way Irphaeus is missing his one and justify myself the way he is justifying himself, I would be fired at the speed of light and be assured I would never work again for whatever company in my sector.
The Problem with giving analogies that are easy to understand is the Lack of detail and accuracy. A complex issue can't be broken down into something simple without losing something in between.
Software Engineers (don't know the difference between them and computer engineers, feel free to help me out here) and game developers, especially if they're alone or in a small team, work differently, on different kinds of things, so i don't think it's that easy to compare them on the spot.
I will be listening tho, if you actually manage to formulate a sound argument for why Irphaeus is incapable of doing good work and should never work anywhere but at McDonalds.
"he missed a rough estimate he was giving out months prior" is NOT anything of the sort.

Not_A_Horse

Feb 12, 2018
And the fun fact is the dev is not xcatly the real problem ... The actual ones are who will still tryna defend him despite totally aware of what is wrong...

PS: The dum-dums are right in the corner getting ready to brutally troll us ... Because "we don't pay for the game"...." We don't know what it takes to be a game dev" ... Blah-blah and so on
And then *enter Irpheaus.... Defending himself getting a few Pats on the back...
as long as I remember he'd a goal to reach 1000 patrons till he hire a new member for help last week ?!?... It seems to be changed.. maybe I don't remember exactly
Are you not aware of the possibility that people can have different opinions than yourself? The only stupid thing is being foolish enough to think that your opinion is the only one that can exist.

Personally, I'm going to have to see the actual content before I form an opinion but it's just pathetic to preemptively label dissenting opinion as "trolling". People can sincerely disagree with you y'know.

Reactions: Araumi

warrug25

Jul 2, 2017
don't know the difference between them and computer engineers, feel free to help me out here
Software engineering is one of the fundamental aspects of computer engineering, and precisely is the one that deals, for instance, with organization of the software production process from the specification to the deployment.

T
Software Engineers (don't know the difference between them and computer engineers, feel free to help me out here) and game developers, especially if they're alone or in a small team, work differently, on different kinds of things, so i don't think it's that easy to compare them on the spot.
Professional game developers are in fact software developers, and their work is subject to all the aspects of every software development process, among which lies the paramount duty to respect deadlines. To understand the importance of this, let me tell you a real-life example:
A game must be developed, and the company employs three guys to work on some physics simulations, and gives them a three months deadline (not sure about the number, maybe it was four months, but it's not important for our story); now, two of them complete their work respecting the deadline, while the other one is horribly late and asks for three more months to complete its job. Do you think the company would never agree to that, thus having to pay more in terms of development costs and wages (many developers are hired with project contracts) and risking to hit the market too late (remember that markets such as the game market evolve very rapidly, and what's interesting a day may become garbage after a couple of weeks)? To be clear, the company obviously did not agree and fired the slacker (and had the two other guys work on his part, which they completed in about one and a half months, but it's not interesting for us right now).
That, sir, is how serious and professional software development work is done. And when you receive money from other people, be them your employers or your patrons, you must be serious and professional.

That is my argument as a professional. Now, please let me discuss a sentence you wrote:

"he missed a rough estimate he was giving out months prior" is NOT anything of the sort.
The sentence you quote is actually a perfect argument, if you ask me: each and every professional software project (and, as stated above, when money is involved the thing is obviously professional) must begin with specification and planning phases in which times are discussed and decided that must be absolutely respected.
To be more precise, many games are developed using processes similar to the infamous Agile methods, which almost always require to define major development steps at the beginning of which the work to be done is divided in minor steps associated with deadlines which must be respected.
So, please, don't go around telling that missing a deadline is not a problem: when you develop software and are paid to do it, missing a deadline is one of the most serious problems.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
i made Honey Select Card (found the right hairset and bikini)

Shirohime also known as Kasumi Tendo
View attachment 267393

check the attachment for the bonemod and char file (place them in the honey select\UserData\chara\female)
i used FlashBangZzz's Final Repack 3.5
Good job, it looks good but I think her boobs are smaller and her skin darker.

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
Are you not aware of the possibility that people can have different opinions than yourself? The only stupid thing is being foolish enough to think that your opinion is the only one that can exist.

Personally, I'm going to have to see the actual content before I form an opinion but it's just pathetic to preemptively label dissenting opinion as "trolling". People can sincerely disagree with you y'know.
Of course people have different opinions, they should have different opinions .... And I had a opinion about a two month long update delay and I expressed my opinion ... And your comment actually conflicts your own opinion... I Never said I'm the Only right one you assumed it on your own ... Isn't that foolish enough?

Reactions: WebMarca and yandex

KeepOnLiving

Oct 21, 2018
A game must be developed, and the company employs three guys to work on some physics simulations, and gives them a three months deadline (not sure about the number, maybe it was four months, but it's not important for our story); now, two of them complete their work respecting the deadline, while the other one is horribly late and asks for three more months to complete its job. Do you think the company would never agree to that, thus having to pay more in terms of development costs and wages (many developers are hired with project contracts) and risking to hit the market too late (remember that markets such as the game market evolve very rapidly, and what's interesting a day may become garbage after a couple of weeks)? To be clear, the company obviously did not agree and fired the slacker (and had the two other guys work on his part, which they completed in about one and a half months, but it's not interesting for us right now).
That, sir, is how serious and professional software development work is done. And when you receive money from other people, be them your employers or your patrons, you must be serious and professional.
I do understand the point you're making, but i was trying to bring the point across that Irphaeus is NOT working on a physics engine with 2 other guys. He is trying to emulate the whole company by himself (or does he have 1 or 2 guys helping him ? idk) which means, there's a lot of work that in and itself isn't very difficult to do in a specific time frame - before a deadline, if you will.

Not everything is, tho. He can't just stick to a plan he discussed first with the client and do it before the date X, since he has no client, and can't specify and delegate his work like you and your imaginary game development studio can.

And worst of all, he can't just patch things if the feedback isn't positive. The game has to have a certain threshold of quality before he can release it, and it's difficult to gauge quality in a game sense. That's why it's possible he needs to remake whole parts, because they aren't up to par to the rest, which of course, needs quite some time and isn't easy to incorporate into your specification sheet.

... must begin with specification and planning phases in which times are discussed and decided that must be absolutely respected.
You assumed the rough estimate he was giving out months ago was the latest deadline he set himself. The deadline could still be 2 months away. For all that we know, he could have assumed to be finished way early and told the people that.

warrug25

Jul 2, 2017
Not everything is, tho. He can't just stick to a plan he discussed first with the client and do it before the date X, since he has no client
In fact he has: someones is paying him to develop the game. Call them patrons or clients, the actual fact that he receives money for his efforts does not change.

Irphaeus is NOT working on a physics engine with 2 other guys. He is trying to emulate the whole company by himself (or does he have 1 or 2 guys helping him ? idk)
This statemente is plainly wrong, and if you think decently about what a company does and what a developer does you'll notice by yourself.

can't specify and delegate his work like you and your imaginary game development studio can.
That's absolutely better: it means that all that is done depends on him, i.e. if he is a professional and knows what he's doing he has no obstacles in doing a great, precise job.

BTW: the game company I told you about is not imaginary. I clearly wrote "real-life example", didn't you read?

You assumed the rough estimate he was giving out months ago was the latest deadline he set himself. The deadline could still be 2 months away. For all that we know, he could have assumed to be finished way early and told the people that.
He assumed wrong, and a professional who assumes wrong faces consequences: one does not simply go away with errors, when money is involved.

The game has to have a certain threshold of quality before he can release it, and it's difficult to gauge quality in a game sense. That's why it's possible he needs to remake whole parts, because they aren't up to par to the rest, which of course, needs quite some time and isn't easy to incorporate into your specification sheet.
So you're telling me he did not even develop a detailed plan of the game content before starting? You're telling me this, really?
Ok, so there's nothing more to discuss: we are talking about an amateur, nothing professional here. I'm sorry for the poor patrons, in this case: you guys are investing your money in nothing but an amateur, and amateurs are not reliable.

Greyvan

Mar 28, 2018
"i.e. if he is a professional and knows what he's doing he has no obstacles in doing a great, precise job."

"He assumed wrong, and a professional who assumes wrong faces consequences: one does not simply go away with errors, when money is involved."

"we are talking about an amateur, nothing professional here."
I see your point, I really do, believe me, the thing is, Irphaeus never pretended to be a professional, so, it's not fair to judge him by professionals standard.

Even on is Patreon, he say himself that it's a passion and he's still learning.

So, the thing here is simple, he never pretended to be a pro, never said anything about not being a amateur, so, he's making amateur mistake.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, mind you, but you can't use the "professional" point of vue here, and for the people supporting him, well, they're supposed to know that being an amateur, he'll not be the most reliable when it comes to deadline and the rest, aren't they ?

Reactions: warrug25

warrug25

Jul 2, 2017
I see your point, I really do, believe me, the thing is, Irphaeus never pretended to be a professional, so, it's not fair to judge him by professionals standard.

Even on is Patreon, he say himself that it's a passion and he's still learning.

So, the thing here is simple, he never pretended to be a pro, never said anything about not being a amateur, so, he's making amateur mistake.

I'm not saying it's a good thing, mind you, but you can't use the "professional" point of vue here, and for the people supporting him, well, they're supposed to know that being an amateur, he'll not be the most reliable when it comes to deadline and the rest, aren't they ?

Now this is a reply! (y)
If you read my first message, you can notice that I just reflected that no professional could work the way Irphaeus does. After I wrote the message, our shiny-armored knight came to the rescue "defending" Irphaeus from accusation that were only in his own mind, and I had to explain how professional works, to eventually point out that obviously Irphaeus is in no way professional(*). I never, as you certainly understand, implied that he is a professional, because it's glaring that he is not (as I, let me stress this point, explicitly said!).

(*) And then I added, but this is an opinion of mine, that pledging to such badly organized amateurs is a thing I would not do, because they're inherently unreliable.

ViperDevlin44

Aug 29, 2018
Honestly three months is a little long to wait but im not a patron so i really don't have any right to complain that being said might i offer some advice to the dev if he reads these posts. If you state a deadline for a update try and make it or if you can't for some reason explain to your patrons and fans if you go silent they may start to lose faith after all three months is a long time and not all your fans are patrons

WebMarca

Oct 28, 2018

I agree. The GIRLFRIENDS of this developer keeps defending him despite the fact that it's obvious that the progress is very disappointing. In the view of comparison, there are few individual devs who can still manage to produce quality games every month. Because they are CONSIDERATE ENOUGH of their patrons, supporting their masterpieces to give something in return and not just wallpaper. These people who defend this dev, just simply love to (how I wish to use the real word) "KISS the BEHIND" of this dev. They don't realize that they just pacify this dev to continue this kind of pace. It is better to deal with a transparent dev who can bravely specify or tell to people if 1.) he/she is just too lazy to do the work 2.) working on a separate project (another patreon pseudonym perhaps) 3.) outwitting his/her patreons by earning money without doing anything.

I also understand, and sure that there may be problems along the way. Resulting to broken spoken words like giving false hopes consecutively.:
Inital promise of 3 weeks scheduled release since middle week of January, (And what month are we now?)
4 in-game days (then becomes 3 in-game days, I won't be shock ending up to 1 in-game day for 3 months waiting time)
Another false hope saying, ready for release this weekend (And now what, another week on the road?)

One shouldn't commit if he/she knows that he/she cannot be true to their words. That's all.

3....2.....1.... And the GIRLFRIENDS (defenders) will come out now.. hahahaha Any time soon... :ROFLMAO:

4.10 star(s) 264 Votes