WebMarca

Oct 28, 2018
Came from the future guys from year 2020

It looks the game is still the same 0.5.8 version
Devs said you gotta wait for 1 year

haha.. thanks for the heads up..

No matter how much money you paid / donate to the Dev, it doesn't change the fact it is still up to the Dev whether he is gonna release the game in the deadline or not. He is gonna keep give you a reasoning no matter what, and there are still people gonna accept it and continue to support him.

It will happen, it will keep happening. The only issue here is people expecting too much like the game is AAA. :ROFLMAO:

Very well said. Excuses to get away and get sympathy.

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
No matter how much money you paid / donate to the Dev, it doesn't change the fact it is still up to the Dev whether he is gonna release the game in the deadline or not. He is gonna keep give you a reasoning no matter what, and there are still people gonna accept it and continue to support him.

It will happen, it will keep happening. The only issue here is people expecting too much like the game is AAA. :ROFLMAO:
True.
But I don't think anyone is expecting too much, up until this update he never gave any major excuses , and hardly delayed any update for more than 2 weeks , and that's the reason why we have expectations that he won't turn out to be one those greedy game devs that are all over the patreon site. But at this point with all the excuses that he is giving for a long time it kinda took away the faith on him.

Reactions: WebMarca

Reese286

Nov 24, 2017
Im here hoping for a release this weekend like everyone else but damn... Folks need to chill. is doing what he does and imho whats hes done is produce a fantastic game and that aint easy. If it was easy anyone could do it _ anyone cant. lets not second-guess the guy but instead appreciate his efforts and let him do what he has to do.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
I remember Teacher's Pets case. Dev at first started to make mistakes and slack off. People who tried to criticise him for that were shout down by his fans. Then he started to lie and act like a scammer. Again guys pointing that out were insulted and chased away. Only acceptable position was praising and cuddling.
Then it's was proven that he is lier and a scammer. Irredeemable vanished with the money and still (year after) takes money from people who forgot to cancel the pledge, with no intention to even give anybody apology.
I'm not saying that Irpheaus is like Irredeemable but people should chill off with white knighting and cheerleading, or they may end up eating their own words.

DirtyMario

Jumping bitches since '85
Donor
Jul 19, 2017
I'm not saying that Irpheaus is like Irredeemable but people should chill off with white knighting and cheerleading, or they may end up eating their own words.
Very true. And I actually have no problem with that, I stay by what I say and I may eat my own words.

The other side however is not held accountable. I am very sure that the shitty human beings making personal attacks will be all but gone once the patch drops and they will appreciate the (hopefully good) work they got for free in complete silence.
At least until the next patch when the cycle starts up again and they come out of their basements to complain some more.

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
the (hopefully good) work
You shouldn't doubt the person that you are counting on.
It's definitely going to be a great update( if not greatest).. No one has problem with that it's just the work ethics that people have doubts about.
And your point about playing it for free is for a lot of us not choice but obligation ...
Without having credit ,debit cards (in my case I don't even have a bank account ) how anyone like us supposed to pay for games.
And paying for the game or not has nothing to do with a situation like this.
cycle starts up again and they come out of their basements to complain some more.
This is a hypothetical situation .
Will happen only if another delay of the same magnitude take place .

People nagging constantly "when is the update" and people Criticising for several Broken Commitments don't fall on the same bracket.

Reactions: WebMarca

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
And your point about playing it for free is for a lot of us not choice but obligation ...
Without having credit ,debit cards (in my case I don't even have a bank account ) how anyone like us supposed to pay for games.

People nagging constantly "when is the update" and people Criticising for several Broken Commitments don't fall on the same bracket.
I completely understand your situation and I know personally how that feels.

Yet I'm asking myself, what do people think that constant complaining on here will accomplish?
Do they think that by the 23rd person asking about the update the Dev will suddenly release it because he waited to 23?
Or by the 3rd person passive aggressively calling him a lazy fuck? Have to be at least 3 for a release.

Or maybe the Dev does not actually have to give a single fuck about opinions on a random piracy forum out of many because these are people that don't have any leverage at all to make him go faster. And don't start with "valuable feedback" or anything, he gets that from paying people too and in a way more respectful manner.

Actually if I was him I probably would stop showing up here entirely and let people scream at each other about how much of a butthole he is in their little confirmation bubble.

WebMarca

Oct 28, 2018
I remember Teacher's Pets case. Dev at first started to make mistakes and slack off. People who tried to criticise him for that were shout down by his fans. Then he started to lie and act like a scammer. Again guys pointing that out were insulted and chased away. Only acceptable position was praising and cuddling.
Then it's was proven that he is lier and a scammer. Irredeemable vanished with the money and still (year after) takes money from people who forgot to cancel the pledge, with no intention to even give anybody apology.
It's a good thing to know that there are still smart people like you pal. UNLIKE OTHERS who just go with the flow.

You shouldn't doubt the person that you are counting on.
It's definitely going to be a great update( if not greatest).. No one has problem with that it's just the work ethics that people have doubts about.

This is a hypothetical situation .
Will happen only if another delay of the same magnitude take place .

Yup, it's the work ethics that we're disappointed about. Not the game.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Yet I'm asking myself, what do people think that constant complaining on here will accomplish?
It will give information for people who are intrested in being informed. I appreciate discussion like "dev seems to be a lazy fuck because A, B and C" and "you are wrong he did A and then B in a timeframe C and lazy fucks do do that". I try to read discussion about games to not waste my time and money on scam artists and untalented morons. And I wish I had more that type of discussion because I wasted plenty.
Another thing, which ironically you were kind to mention, is accountablility. Saying to someone that it's okey when they broke a promise time and again make them feel that breaking promises is acceptable behaviour. It's not even question of moral character of a person it's just psychological fact.
So I doesn't really matter for me if someone criticising the dev is paying him 0 or billion of dollars. One think what matter for me as a consumer is that if his opinion is based on the facts or not. One the biggest argument for piracy is not paying for bad or broken product. And we are exactly on a random piracy forum, which is a place to do that.

Reactions: Hjort and WebMarca

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
It will give information for people who are intrested in being informed. I appreciate discussion like "dev seems to be a lazy fuck because A, B and C" and "you are wrong he did A and then B in a timeframe C and lazy fucks do do that". I try to read discussion about games to not waste my time and money on scam artists and untalented morons. And I wish I had more that type of discussion because I wasted plenty.
Another thing, which ironically you were kind to mention, is accountablility. Saying to someone that it's okey when they broke a promise time and again make them feel that breaking promises is acceptable behaviour. It's not even question of moral character of a person it's just psychological fact.
So I doesn't really matter for me if someone criticising the dev is paying him 0 or billion of dollars. One think what matter for me as a consumer is that if his opinion is based on the facts or not. One the biggest argument for piracy is not paying for bad or broken product. And we are exactly on a random piracy forum, which is a place to do that.
This would all be a legitimate way to handle things if he was actually a lazy fuck.
In the latest production update (page 174) I can read that he implemented around 650 lines in a timeframe of 2 days. That doesn't sound lazy to me. Do you have any reason to believe he is lying about that?
Granted, he totally overblew the content in this update and that sure was a mistake that I am not too happy about myself.

Now we can respectfully disagree about the update schedules we prefer. Some people here seem to prefer an update that's scheduled to the day every month with like 15 minutes of playtime, and that's fine. I however do not. And if it takes 3 months to get content in there to play for an hour or more instead, I'd rather take that.

See it kind of reminds me of the current policy in "legit" gaming these days. The publisher attitude that aims at "push it out the door it's good enough, we can flesh it out later". And we see how well that works currently.

rangaru

Jun 25, 2017
Do you have any reason to believe he is lying about that?
Nope. That is why I said that I'm interested in hearing both sides of argument. But on the other hand it shows that he is capable to implement 650 lines in 2 days. Which means that he could produce 29250 lines in three months. Even if he work seriously only half of the time it woul be 14625 lines.
You don't need to respond to that ridiculous argument it suppose to just serve as a example of discussion I deem productive.

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
How is any of this productive? It's not going to change when it comes out.
Writing 650lines in two days isn't something you can just keep doing unless you're churning out crap. You get inspiration and go nuts for a few day, hit a wall and get stuck on a scene for a few more. Writing is not a linear process.

DirtyMario

Donor
Jul 19, 2017
How is any of this productive? It's not going to change when it comes out.
Writing 650lines in two days isn't something you can just keep doing unless you're churning out crap. You get inspiration and go nuts for a few day, hit a wall and get stuck on a scene for a few more. Writing is not a linear process.
Also true.
I mean while we're on the topic of really ridiculous arguments, I'd like to see someone tell George RR Martin on Twitter that he's a lazy shit for taking 8 years (and counting) to deliver the latest one of the Game of Thrones books.
And be sure to mention that you're not supporting him in any way, you just steal your neighbours HBO and torrent ebooks.

Reiju

Feb 28, 2019
Agreed. I'm not exactly here talking about it so that Dev dramatically become a saint. I just like the fact that I can share my opinions with people who love the game equally like me. And the only thing that I have a problem is anyone who is trying to just criticize Dev for his wrong commitments is falling under the same category of random abuser.
Actually if I was him I probably would stop showing up here entirely and let people scream at each other about how much of a butthole he is in the
And this is another reason why I still care about commenting here that the dev might come across the criticism and maybe just maybe be a bit more responsible about his commitments.

Sam12#@

Nov 21, 2017
just a random guy waiting for an update of my favourite VN
P. S I know about the constant delays and both parties are to blame first the Dec must be responsible and talk to his fans and the patrons I. E the ones who fund the project must let there voices heard
But hey who am I to even say something I' not even a patron

4.10 star(s) 265 Votes