Hrothgar

Aug 11, 2018
It's been so long since I've played an update that it is difficult to remember what the early game was like (replaying from start), but it strikes me that there have been changes (don't see popups for karma score anymore for example). It's also my impression that some of the early Minami , Shelia, and Asuka events have changed slightly (probably for plot reasons if it isn't just my memory playing tricks). It seems much more obvious that the MC's innate pheromones are important: Rachel needs them to manufacture the lust perfume, Minami and Shelia seem to be affected by them before our MC gets the perfume just from sexual contact, and something had to prompt the framing of the father other than shits and giggles for the girls involved. One question that needs to be answered is just why did George invite the MC back? It almost looks like a setup to get a pheromone source back in town?

A couple of pages above there is discussion of the new content that's been added, but it will probably take me a day of dedicated gaming to get there (this is a big game after all). I'm just going to strap in and enjoy the replay with HD images and Maim Lain's walkthrough mod for the best experience.

It's a great game, that's never been an issue, but I'm going to wait for at least one more update in the near future before restarting my patreon support. I'd love to see this finished off properly, and then move on to the next project.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Red Sand

Dragon Sins

Jul 27, 2017
What is the basic premise of this game? Corrupting girls through drugs and stuff and making them more lewd where they wear less clothes and turn into sluts? Cuz if it is, this is my type of game

Reactions: Jeanjacquouile

jhustrue

Mar 3, 2020
What is the basic premise of this game? Corrupting girls through drugs and stuff and making them more lewd where they wear less clothes and turn into sluts? Cuz if it is, this is my type of game
No thanks, one game like that is enough. & no, it's not.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
Is Sheila cheating on MC?
How did you get that idea? She seems pretty dedicated to MC so I don't know why she would suddenly cheat. Also I really doubt the dev would make one of the girls cheat on the MC. There would be way too many people upset with it.

Really? I feel like we are barely halfway. Or are they gutting their original plan and simplifying it?
Same. To me it still feels like we have a really long way to go especially since at least one of those updates will be about adding the karma paths. The next update (0.10, not 0.9 part 2) only covers the rest of the weekend so that means the whole game needs to wrap up in about a week of in game time. It still seems like we have a lot left to do but the dev has said he wants to work on his new game so Waifu Academy will almost certainly feel rushed.

I aint ever done or seen that growing up LOL, but as for the second part yea. That's what I figured, either they displaying her as a terrible relationship somewhat problem child.
I'm from the United States so maybe it's just a thing here. It's also pretty common on tv shows and movies for the teenager to call their parents by their name. For example, Bart calls his dad "Homer" in The Simpsons.

Is this game having any discord server????
or we have to go to their patreon to see daily events.
Yes but you have to pay for the Patreon and then you'll be able to access it. You only need to pay once though.

As some have said before, it did feel like that Irp was pressured to release this update. Trying to push his luck, delay it again and all that. It sounds like even his loyal supporters got fed up with his excuses. I may be feeling hopeful but at the same time it does feel like Irp will release the next part next month due to him being pressured.
One of the people that he brought on to do renders for the game was the one that finally told him he needed to release something otherwise he'd make more people distrust him. Hopefully now that he's part of the team he'll keep Irphaeus on track for more regular updates.

It's been so long since I've played an update that it is difficult to remember what the early game was like (replaying from start), but it strikes me that there have been changes (don't see popups for karma score anymore for example).
What do you mean you don't see popups for karma? In the bathroom with Asuka, it tells you you get +20 karma for walking away and -20 for restraining her and in the Library with Motoko, if you stare at her you get a few popups showing the negative karma you're accumulating

Reactions: bobdillan

Yanagi-san

Jun 20, 2019
How did you get that idea? She seems pretty dedicated to MC so I don't know why she would suddenly cheat. Also I really doubt the dev would make one of the girls cheat on the MC. There would be way too many people upset with it.

Same. To me it still feels like we have a really long way to go especially since at least one of those updates will be about adding the karma paths. The next update (0.10, not 0.9 part 2) only covers the rest of the weekend so that means the whole game needs to wrap up in about a week of in game time. It still seems like we have a lot left to do but the dev has said he wants to work on his new game so Waifu Academy will almost certainly feel rushed.

I'm from the United States so maybe it's just a thing here. It's also pretty common on tv shows and movies for the teenager to call their parents by their name. For example, Bart calls his dad "Homer" in The Simpsons.

Yes but you have to pay for the Patreon and then you'll be able to access it. You only need to pay once though.

One of the people that he brought on to do renders for the game was the one that finally told him he needed to release something otherwise he'd make more people distrust him. Hopefully now that he's part of the team he'll keep Irphaeus on track for more regular updates.

What do you mean you don't see popups for karma? In the bathroom with Asuka, it tells you you get +20 karma for walking away and -20 for restraining her and in the Library with Motoko, if you stare at her you get a few popups showing the negative karma you're accumulating
I must have misunderstood something.
Thanks)

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
It's been so long since I've played an update that it is difficult to remember what the early game was like (replaying from start), but it strikes me that there have been changes (don't see popups for karma score anymore for example).
if your using Lains mod it removes the karma pop-ups (since it does nothing) and i re4started too and feels like some content was removed... it been years since i played from the start but it still feels off lol

Jazzgeoff

Sep 15, 2017
So guy decides that the update was to be too large so he splits it in half. 11 months later he hasn't been able to finish the first half so he cuts it down again. So as I understand it this release was the first part of the first half of the update.. cool, cool.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
So guy decides that the update was to be too large so he splits it in half. 11 months later he hasn't been able to finish the first half so he cuts it down again. So as I understand it this release was the first part of the first half of the update.. cool, cool.
No this half is 70% next month is the last 30% so don't expect as "much" as you just got

Reactions: Yanagi-san

Ambir

Adult games developer
Game Developer
Aug 7, 2020
No this half is 70% next month is the last 30% so don't expect as "much" as you just got
Tbh, I would be happy to get an update next month :)
The last update was unexpected and welcome. Really looking forward to what's coming next.

Edit: Don't facepalm me. You may think this update took way too long and that you were owed more. That's a valid way of seeing things. However it will bring down the enjoyment you feel from playing this game. If, on the contrary, you do not expect anything from this game, any update is a happy event, no matter how long it takes. I had plenty of things to keep me occupied the last X months (dunno when was the last update, nor do I care) and quite frankly, I didn't really wait for the update as much as chance upon it and rejoice that it was there.

Last edited:

xJumpManx

Jul 27, 2018
I can load my save fine v0.8.0b but I can not load the save on this new version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I get this exception

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00start.rpy", line 300, in script call
    call expression "before_main_menu"
  File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 485, in execute_call_screen
    store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 434, in __call__
    renpy.load(fn)
ImportError: No module named matrix

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "startup.rpyc", line 163, in script
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2614, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2620, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3375, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 986, in event
    rv = i.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, cst)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 986, in event
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 667, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
    rv = d.event(ev, x - xo, y - yo, st)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 239, in event
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 832, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 306, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 727, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 60, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Waifu Academy 0.9.0a

Reactions: chicho1958

bobdillan

Forum Fanatic
Nov 18, 2016
Probably cause it isn't patreon friendly.

Reactions: Janmic

chicho1958

Engaged Member
Donor
Apr 28, 2020
I can load my save fine v0.8.0b but I can not load the save on this new version. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I get this exception

Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
    renpy.load(fn)

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "startup.rpyc", line 163, in script
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1801, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 1789, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\statements.py", line 169, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\exports.py", line 2614, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 287, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2620, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 3375, in interact_core
    rv = root_widget.event(ev, x, y, 0)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 667, in event
    rv = self.child.event(ev, x, y, st)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 897, in event
    return handle_click(self.clicked)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 832, in handle_click
    rv = run(action)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\display\behavior.py", line 306, in run
    return action(*args, **kwargs)
    renpy.load(fn)
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 727, in load
    roots, log = loads(location.load(filename))
  File "E:\Visual Novels\WaifuAcademy-0.9.0a-pc\renpy\loadsave.py", line 60, in loads
    return cPickle.loads(s)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 6.99.14.3135
Waifu Academy 0.9.0a
I read somewhere yesterday a few pages back that saves don't work with this new update,you gonna have to start over unless you use laim's mod that gives u option to just go to new update. I started over because forgot half the plot

TadStrange

Sep 16, 2019

I'm also from the states LOL maybe it's a south thing or something cause we see that as disrespectful af that's why I proposed maybe that was a piece of writing to indicate the strain on the parent and child relationship. Cause eventually, she chills once she gets along with her brother.

1qazwsx

Oct 6, 2020
So, has the respected public reached a consensus about this update?
I personally think that the patrons have been betrayed, backstabbed and most definitely bambozled. The game looks better, but otherwise...
Did MC make any progress revenge his father? Did he make any steps to learn the truth about the Academy? Was the script checked for typos? Has my sense of humor changed or there are almost no humour in the update?
I finished the update yesterday but can't remember what was it about
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Should I replay the update or do something else with my life? So many questions, so little answers.
Anyway, how is your se... I mean, see ya'll next year.

zerdeca

Jun 15, 2017
So, has the respected public reached a consensus about this update?
I personally think that the patrons have been betrayed, backstabbed and most definitely bambozled. The game looks better, but otherwise...
Did MC make any progress revenge his father? Did he make any steps to learn the truth about the Academy? Was the script checked for typos? Has my sense of humor changed or there are almost no humour in the update?
I finished the update yesterday but can't remember what was it about
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Should I replay the update or do something else with my life? So many questions, so little answers.
Anyway, how is your se... I mean, see ya'll next year.
It definitely wasn't great but if it came out 8 months ago I think it would've been fine. Asuka saying she wants to help us take over the school felt like progress for the revenge but I don't know how it'll wrap up in 4 updates if revenge progress comes at that rate. We also learned a lot about the world with the Maki/Motoko scene but it doesn't really feel like the story of this game is planned out very well. Having Maki tell us about the history of the clans and then 20 minutes later Motoko tells us the same thing but adds the Sazaki part makes it feel like rushed in my opinion. This is only part of the update since the dev couldn't finish it all in the year since the last one. The last 30% will hopefully be good since it's when we'll get revenge on Yoko

Konstantinus

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2019
It definitely wasn't great but if it came out 8 months ago I think it would've been fine. Asuka saying she wants to help us take over the school felt like progress for the revenge but I don't know how it'll wrap up in 4 updates if revenge progress comes at that rate. We also learned a lot about the world with the Maki/Motoko scene but it doesn't really feel like the story of this game is planned out very well. Having Maki tell us about the history of the clans and then 20 minutes later Motoko tells us the same thing but adds the Sazaki part makes it feel like rushed in my opinion. This is only part of the update since the dev couldn't finish it all in the year since the last one. The last 30% will hopefully be good since it's when we'll get revenge on Yoko
Yeah feel like he lost controle over development so he instead rush it to have it done in visitable time instead of having to expect it like ToT after two decades being still undone.

4.10 star(s) 265 Votes