Unreal Engine - Waifu Dreams City [Build 22] [Waifu Dreams Studio]

1. 3.00 star(s)

ttm2

review of 0.9.5.6

I quite like the models (they do have a bit plastic look to them, but that's a plus for me) , there's fair selection of clothing options (though it's just what's on display, no mix and match, and the sex scenes have either partially undressed or naked, no fully clothed option even for blowjob scenes), and there's quite a lot of sex positions to choose from.

Unfortunately, the sex scenes feel rather empty: there's no VA, and every sex scene is just a single animation on a loop. You can have a "happy ending" in a scene, but that's just to have the main character presented fucked silly in a random position. There's also little to no face animations.

From technical aspects that people may be interested in: there's no male in the game, all sex is either with futanari or with girls, the main character can be a futa too, but that doesn't impact the sex scenes at all.
    There's one furry character, and the main character can become a furry, but that's completely skippable and easily reversible.
    From more obscure fetishes, there's breast milking and footjobs.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

NG1906

Great concept; will be interesting to see where it goes from here. Simple gameplay in virtual world. You can click and play, or once it gets going, just leave it running in the background to progress it.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Alex_Horn

If you look at this project as an Idle genre, it's not bad at all, but it's quite monotonous. There's a fair amount of sexual content, although it's not best quality , it's fairly diverse and provides a small incentive to unlock new levels. However, the main problem with the project is that you won't feel the proper reward for the time spent in the game. The absence of significant improvements to discover or purchase makes the process increasingly dull and unexciting.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

JazzyRey

Agree with most of Noseknows's points.

I'll speak to more of the technical side.

Game is locked at 60/62 fps, with a hard enforcement you can't get around with console or ini changes. It's very stuttery on a high hz monitor as a consequence.

Even at the high setting, it's at 87% resolution scale, and it has the same enforcement as the framerate. Leaving an otherwise not badly performing game, looking very blurry.

While there's a tried game loop, and basics fleshed out, it's not really in a playable state unless you're playing on a 30/60 hz tv monitor and have bad eyesight.

EDIT:
    Dev reached out, and has actually fixed everything i mentioned. Looks and plays a whole lot better from 0.9.5.6 on.
    I think the game is heading in a positive direction, although there's still a little way to go.

I get the sense a more proper climax is being added in sex scenes, which really will do wonders.

It's still being developed. But i think it's fair to say it's certainly worth a try, and almost certainly will be by 0.9.5.7. As long as minigames are kept optional ;)
    I think it's gonna be a 5/5 when it's done. Dev doesn't strike me as a [Abandoned] tag. And he's seemingly focused on fixing bad things from feedback, and adding good things. It's so simple, but he's the only one i've seen who actually does it methodically.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Noseknows

~Updated review~
    The game has gone through many improvements since my last review and while I won't cover every change I will say it is vastly improved from what it once was. Shout out to the dev for reaching out to me about suggestions. Almost every thing I noted that needed to be worked on in my first review has been refined and improved. 4/5 recommend checking it out!

~Original Review~

The only thing that makes this game stand out from others is its models; they are very highly quality and nice to look at. The dev spent a great deal of time working on them (or paid someone to do so) and it shows. However, that's all this game really has to offer.

Waifu Dreams City is a clicker game where you rack up money by shaking what your momma gave you on stage and using the profits (i'm assuming mostly one dollar bills) to upgrade yourself for more points per click or hire dancers which generate profit idly. I highly recommend you dance a bit then hire some dancers and upgrade them otherwise you will develop carpal tunnel. You can also earn (sex points?) another type of currency via sex acts with NPC's which can be used to upgrade your points per click and another upgrade which is useless (yay)! Even with the clicker upgrades it's still better to earn idle income as it is with most idle games.

Once you've racked up a constant source of income the real game starts! Sadly, there's not much real game to be found. There are NPCS you can interact with for sexual actives and the animations are quite nice but lack a climax animation for either party. So it's a 3-4 second loop of the same animation over and over as individual NPC's only have one animation. There are a few sexual animations which are nice but after about 10-15 minutes you've seen all you can for awhile.

As you upgrade your character you unlocks new areas (via the elevator) and new content but that can take awhile to get to as each level up takes more and more money as to be expect of a idle game. You also don't unlock new areas with every level up it's generally every 10 level ups. The new areas only unlock one new animation so an hour grind for one new thing; not really worth it. You are also able to change your PC outside of the building into preset characters. While they do look nice it would be nicer if you could customize your character fully instead of pre-built ones.

All in all there is some really good footwork already done but Waifu Dreams City is being held back by lack of refinement. 2/5 but could easily be 3/5 by just adding climax animations. Despite my complaints I still recommend you check it out just for the models.

P.S: Also don't bother using reflections if you can't make them look good.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Sangoku25

He went into many things and fixed bugs. It's a kind of clicker game but with role-playing and a slightly open world where you can explore. As the level increases, additional items are unlocked. I think the clothing system is really great now^^ I think the idea and implementation is great and I'm looking forward to continuing to play that might make the world even bigger^^. The animations are well implemented. If you like a clicker with role play, you'll have fun here^^
  7. 4.00 star(s)

Dim342

Clicker.
    Animations are stiffy, but not the worst I have seen.
    Skin and hair shaders are rubber/plastic-ish look, but pretty fine.
    Different kind of kinks for each floor, but more like teaser at current version.