VN - Others - Waifu Island [v0.4.5] [Waifu Island]

1. 2.00 star(s)

reeeeee2323

I decided to finally try about put my biases aside when it comes to the "AI CG" tag, and i am disappointed to be honest. I'm not sure if it's the AI that's messing it up, but every characters vagina looks really low quality versus the rest of their bodies, and the uncanny looks the characters have on their faces in half the photos are also a bit of a turn off.

These problems, plus the fact that the dev is locking content behind a paywall for maybe 20 minutes of playtime is a little absurd. There are hundreds of games on this site more worthy of your disk space.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

brothermora

Let's start off with the games greatest strength, the art, and the art style. There are a few give aways that this is AI generated art, but unless you care about gibberish words on paper, you need to look for them. Hopefully this will also result in decently fast release schedules as animation time has long been the killer of 2D projects. Cast wise. there are a lot of great classic western waifu's which is great to see since they don't get nearly as much love as anime characters.

With that said there are a few areas of improvement. First is the UI. It has a really good design but it just takes up too much of the screen. It could be shrunk 50% and probably be good. Second is that the MC is fixed name. If you are using a fixed name MC, John is a pretty good choice since it may just be the character deliberately being anonymous (John Doe) but a lot of people (myself included) appreciate the ability to name the MC. The area with the most room for improvement is the dialogue. The internal dialogue is fine, it's a little bit flowery and doesn't come off super poetic, but few of us are poets so you can't fault him for that. However, the character-to-character dialogue can be very stiff and sometimes feel forced. This could very well improve with time as the dev gets more comfortable writing the characters.