VN Others Completed WIP Walkure Romanze Series

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
I'm working on translating the untranslated entries in the Walkure Romanze series. The series contains 4 games:
3. (2 games)

The first game already has an excellent fan translation and is available in the Games forum here.
The other games are sequels that either directly continue the storylines from the first game or introduce new routes for other heroines from the first game.
Since I'm not aware of anyone working on "proper" translations for these games I decided to use MTL (Sugoi) to make translation patches for my own use. Although the quality is not great, I believe it's good enough to be able to play the games and understand what's going on. I know that SVN already made MTL patches for them, but I think I can do a little better in terms of quality.
I have already translated all the games, but I'm not planning to release translation patches until they're proofread. I do proofreading while playing the games and I often manually edit the most egregious mis-translations (sadly I don't have time to fix all the broken pronouns).
Currently, I finished playing More&More and I'm planning to upload the game+translation soon. I'm going to try editing as much as I can (fixing the MTL jank) before I get tired. I'll upload the game then.
I finished playing Re-tell 1 but I haven't started Re-tell 2 yet.

Translation status [2024-06-08]:
More & MoreCommon route4% edited
Akane routeMTL
Ayako routeMTL
Bertille routeMTL
Celia short storyfully edited
Lisa short storyMTL
Mio short storyMTL
Noel short storyMTL
Re-tell 1Ayako story~50% edited
Noel storyMTL
Re-tell 2Akane storyraw MTL (unverified)
Celia storyraw MTL (unverified)

Last edited:
Reactions: zkawai

zkawai

Dec 21, 2016
I'm working on translating the untranslated entries in the Walkure Romanze series. The series contains 4 games:
3. (2 games)

The first game already has an excellent fan translation and is available in the Games forum here.
The other games are sequels that either directly continue the storylines from the first game or introduce new routes for other heroines from the first game.
Since I'm not aware of anyone working on "proper" translations for these games I decided to use MTL (Sugoi) to make translation patches for my own use. Although the quality is not great, I believe it's good enough to be able to play the games and understand what's going on. I know that SVN already made MTL patches for them, but I think I can do a little better in terms of quality.
I have already translated all the games, but I'm not planning to release translation patches until they're proofread. I do proofreading while playing the games and I often manually edit the most egregious mis-translations (sadly I don't have time to fix all the broken pronouns).
Currently, More&More is done and I'm planning to upload the game+translation soon. I'm still playing through Re:tell and I haven't started Re:tell II yet.

If anyone objects to this planned release now's your chance to yell "hold your horses" ;)
With the amount of bad aftertaste MTL we've been getting, I don't really think anyone is going to object to a well done manual translation... Hell, even an MTL with PROPER editing would be a godsend at this point... Godspeed!

alterunic

Mar 23, 2023
I tried to "fully edit" one of the short stories in VRMM. This entails reading each line in context, figuring out what it's trying to say, looking up stuff online if necessary and re-writing it in proper English; basically translating MTL-English to English. This took 2 weeks (obviously, not full time, just based on spare time availability and mood). That story contains 5% of the text of the whole game, so I don't think I can keep doing full editing, I'll run out of patience long before finishing.
I'll try "speed editing" next, mostly focusing on fixing pronouns and subject/object confusion, and see how long that takes.