Want to make a game but having trouble deciding what the story should be between Cyberpunk or fantasy and don't know if these ideas are already stale

Mr. Mayhem

Apr 14, 2019
Hey everyone, so I wanted to make a game using Daz3D assets but I'm having trouble with what the story should be. I wanted to do either a cyberpunk genre game or a fantasy type game but in a regular city. So I wanted to know if these ideas are stale and if anyone has any ideas for a game they would like to see.

Reactions: SkyRebel

BrainWaves

May 6, 2020
This might sound cliché, but I think you should go for what you like the most yourself. To the others it probably won't make too much of a difference, since both settings are successfull for a reason, and a lot of folks would love some more content in both fantasy, cyberpunk or other settings really.
But if you're going to work on it for a while, having it be something you really like will go a long way to help you finish it.
Also there's a lot of possiblity to make either setting into something pretty unique, which is why I don't think they're "stale" really.

Reactions: SkyRebel

SkyRebel

Jun 8, 2017
The most important thing when creating a story is having fun. :D
When you commit creating a VN, you are basically a god :cool: and if you don't have fun being a god, then what's the point?