Want to Retrieve My content Library Stuff

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018
Hello Friends!
I need help regarding change my content library path. I have changed content library path to G drive and installed some stuff like some characters, clothes ,hair and some environment there but there was some problem in my system so I had to format my c drive. My all stuff like characters ,clothes ,hair and installed environment is still in G drive. But after formatted c drive and installing windows again and then daz studio in my c drive, I tried to give my old content library file path to content directory, Old stuff is not showing and did not retrieved. How can I retrieve my old stuff from G drive? Please help me.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Open DAZ...

Go to Edit/Preferences/Content/Content Directory Manager

Open drop down +Daz Connect Data and +Daz Studio formats. Where i have D:/ you add your G:/

1578478462499.png

ALSO remember when viewing your G: drive content you should have your My Daz 3d Library changed to File and not Database view

1578478561434.png

Here's where my files sit on my PC and on D: drive yours of course on G:

1578478946801.png

So you must change where you drawing your assets from in DAZ and then how you find it in DAZ once link is correct is imporant.

Also for you DIMS you have to setup where to install assets you bought have to go to. Mine goes to D:/DAZ INSTALL DIRECTORY/My Library/...

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018
Open DAZ...

Go to Edit/Preferences/Content/Content Directory Manager

Open drop down +Daz Connect Data and +Daz Studio formats. Where i have D:/ you add your G:/

View attachment 510263

ALSO remember when viewing your G: drive content you should have your My Daz 3d Library changed to File and not Database view

View attachment 510264

Here's where my files sit on my PC and on D: drive yours of course on G:

View attachment 510268

So you must change where you drawing your assets from in DAZ and then how you find it in DAZ once link is correct is imporant.

Also for you DIMS you have to setup where to install assets you bought have to go to. Mine goes to D:/DAZ INSTALL DIRECTORY/My Library/...
Thanks Bro. It Helped me to retrieve my old stuff in content tab in Daz studio. But data is not shown in smart tab. Can you help me regarding this?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
As i understand it, and im no expert on DAZ you get smart content or i mean you can see smart content when you start to install via your DIMS. Specifically assets you buy from DAZ store etc...
Also you can install/update in smart content missing assets by clicking on the Products Tab next to eh Files Tab... Then choose installed/Available etc..

Thanks Bro. It Helped me to retrieve my old stuff in content tab in Daz studio. But data is not shown in smart tab. Can you help me regarding this?

Reactions: joybosa

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018
As i understand it, and im no expert on DAZ you get smart content or i mean you can see smart content when you start to install via your DIMS. Specifically assets you buy from DAZ store etc...
Also you can install/update in smart content missing assets by clicking on the Products Tab next to eh Files Tab... Then choose installed/Available etc..
Thanks for reply. I had installed all the content via DIMS and used to use from smart pane. But after formatting c drive, assets are not shown in smart pane.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Try the Available Tab under Products tab .. probably have to pull them in again..
I know i had to do this everytime i reformated my pc's which ive done a few times, even if I pointed to my D:/ drive where my assets are installed.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
There should be product to pull in

Products/Available tabs..

BUT you have to select the type of Assets (sorry forgot to tell you).
In otherwords, Figures or Poses or Material etc... Once you click on those options in Available tab it will show up what you missing.

Nothing is showing in Products Tab. How to pull data again in smart tab?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
1578483901232.png

Those in image are installed but there are updates available for them. Click on Available tab and see what comes up... There should be a lot and grayed out.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
You may have to export and re-import

Look at this post:
https://f95zone.to/threads/personal-content-library.29889/#post-1884480

In that case it's to export/import the custom categorizations you can create with DAZ... if you want to do the same with the content of the Smart Content, you may have to do this:
- Right click on "Smart Content" and select "Export Product Metadata" and select a folder to save the files
- In the folder you have selected, it will generate other folders, namely "Runtime/Support/..." and inside there will be the metadata. Copy the Runtime folder with all its contents into the library where you have the new DAZ installation.
- Open the new DAZ installation and on the Smart Panel press the right button again and this time select "Content DB Maintenance" and "Re-import Metadata".
- If the process has been done correctly you should see a list of all the assets that DAZ will import (NOTE: it may take a while for the list to load)

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018

Look at this post:

In that case it's to export/import the custom categorizations you can create with DAZ... if you want to do the same with the content of the Smart Content, you may have to do this:
- Right click on "Smart Content" and select "Export Product Metadata" and select a folder to save the files
- In the folder you have selected, it will generate other folders, namely "Runtime/Support/..." and inside there will be the metadata. Copy the Runtime folder with all its contents into the library where you have the new DAZ installation.
- Open the new DAZ installation and on the Smart Panel press the right button again and this time select "Content DB Maintenance" and "Re-import Metadata".
- If the process has been done correctly you should see a list of all the assets that DAZ will import (NOTE: it may take a while for the list to load)
Okay Thanks. I will try this.....

joybosa

Jan 6, 2018

Look at this post:

Thanks Buddy. This helped me a lot. I can see every stuff in my smart panel now.
Thanks a lot....

Reactions: Porcus Dev

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Taught me something.. thx

Look at this post:

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Thanks Buddy. This helped me a lot. I can see every stuff in my smart panel now.
Thanks a lot....
I'm glad it worked out :D

The truth is that I had never used it before (although I did a little test before answering you, lol)... I don't use the "Smart Panel", I find it awful when looking for certain things; what I do is create my own categories and save certain searches in order to find things quickly and classified as I like... if you ever use it, the link I've provided is for exporting/importing these custom categories ;)

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Im lazy when it comes to intricate nitty gritty shit with DAZ and some apps. I don't like spending time learning more about a program than I really have to. Why i just re download.

The truth is that I had never used it before (although I did a little test before answering you, lol)... I don't use the "Smart Panel", I find it awful when looking for certain things; what I do is create my own categories and save certain searches in order to find things quickly and classified as I like... if you ever use it, the link I've provided is for exporting/importing these custom categories ;)

lydcreations

Game Developer
May 6, 2019

I've manually installed most of my assets and not many of them show up under the smart panel. I have assets under poses for example and then the product name. But I tend to end up having to dig through poses to find ones for sitting for instance. I've started a spreadsheet to use as a cheat sheet for things like this. Is there a better way to organize my assets or do I need to try and get smart content to work? Thanks.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
I've manually installed most of my assets and not many of them show up under the smart panel. I have assets under poses for example and then the product name. But I tend to end up having to dig through poses to find ones for sitting for instance. I've started a spreadsheet to use as a cheat sheet for things like this. Is there a better way to organize my assets or do I need to try and get smart content to work? Thanks.
For me the most practical thing is to create your own categories, organized to your liking.

To do this you have to..:

If you have it in "Content Library":
- Right click on the asset folder (or on an individual asset)
- Select "Create a category from..." and then "Select Folder and Sub-Folder
- Choose where you want to put it (create custom folders with the name you want and assign it there)

If you have it in "Smart Content":
- Right click on the folder or individual asset you want to categorize
- Select "Show Category in Content Library" or "Show Product in Content Library" (depending on whether you select a folder or an individual asset)
From here, follow the same steps as above (Content Library)

Reactions: lydcreations