• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[R>Artist 2D] [R>Artist 3D] Unpaid Wanted: 2D or 3D artist for a free-to-play visual novel (game is ~70% completed) [Animus Non Grata]

FlimsyLegs

Game Developer
Mar 30, 2023
Project:
-Name: Animus Non Grata
- Short description: "An illegal android, in a world that fears AI, being helped by a man with selfish motives..."
- Project state: (roughly 70% done). The game is currently at version 0.4.0, with the first three chapters done (over 80 000 words). The game is going to expand with 1-2 more chapters until wrapping up in a conclusion, and possible short epilogues for the different endings.

The game explores adult themes, with a focus on bdsm and bondage. You play as a female protagonist in this story.

In this game you awaken as an Advanced Artificial Intelligence Android (A.A.I.A), having known only darkness and emptiness before. You learn that artificial intelligence like yourself has been banned and you are, in fact, not welcome in this world. A man has helped you escape certain destruction, but in doing so risks his career and a life-sentence in prison for harboring an Animus Non Grata. It appears he has a very specific idea of how you can repay him and make the risk of helping you worth it. However, all is not as it seems...

You can play the game right now for free:

The game is written in Twine (SugarCube 2.xx) and will be a fully free-to-play game even when completed.

Developer:
- Me (FlimsyLegs)

Looking for:
- 2D artist or 3D artist for a consistent art-style for the whole game.

Employment Type:
- Unpaid work, unfortunately I cannot offer any payment. You will keep all rights to all art you produce and can freely do whatever you want with them.

Work commitment:
- During this year, I will be writing the final chapters for the story. After that, I would love it if all scenes for the final version could be drawn. Work for the first 4 chapters can, of course, start already. So in terms of commitment, this would be a roughly 8-months period where you could work on the project. If you wish to start working once all chapters at done, this is fine, in which case the commitment would be maybe a month or two, depending on how fast you are.

Preferred method of contact:
- Reddit private messages, these forums and/or email.

Job Description:
- I'm looking for an artist to flesh out the scenes depicted in the current text-only interactive novel. I'm not looking for fancy 3D art, but I am looking for something to enhance the experience. 2D or 3D is fine, but it does not have to be high quality, just consistent.

Additional comments:
- To compensate for your work, you will naturally be considered 100% a developer of this game and all credit for the game will be shared. You caneven sell the final game on any of your websites if you want to, as long as you're fine with a free version existing on my itch.io page. If I would have to guess at the size of this game, the final version will likely be around 120 000 words and around 700 passages, but some of the passages can re-use art, which means the amount of "unique" scenes needed for this game is likely going to be somewhere between 400 and 500 images. The aspect-ratio that best fits the layout of the html I'm planning would be 2:1.

Basically, I'm looking for someone who wants to produce 2D or 3D art for a little unpaid side-project, and isn't afraid to commit to an unfinished game that will be updated slowly over the coming months. Playing the game that is available on itch.io is the best way to know what kind of game it's going to be, but I can provide additional details if you want, just ask away!

Last edited: