[R>Programmer] Share Wanted: Unreal programmer for management/sim type game

STI Games

Sep 21, 2020
Project:
- I want to make a game something like "The Sims" crossed with the old playstation game "Constructor" or even "roller Coaster Tycoon" type balance. Obviously scaled down versions of these with very different storylines and mechanics but I'm trying to find the best examples of games I enjoyed and what kind of balance I'd like in my game. I've attached a few concept images and animation, I like the isometric view for this kind of game and would like to make sprites for the gameplay sections so the game can be mobile friendly as well.

Developer:
- Myself. Patreon and Discord yet to be set up when needed.

Looking for:
- Unreal programmer

Employment Type:
- Revenue Share 25%. I'll be doing all the animating, modeling, texturing, shading, level design, dialogue, music, sfx, buying anything needed that I can't do myself, I just need someone to help make it playable in UE4.

Work commitment:
- Hopefully for this and any future games should we get that far.

Preferred method of contact:
- Message here first then I'll give out Discord if needed

Job Description:
- I have enough experience with UE4 to get most of my assets and animations into it, I import from Blender to Substance to UE4, etc, I'm just fairly new to UE4 so as much as I'll want to handle the art side of things in UE4, I'll need someone to program and make sure I'm not doing things that are going to bloat the game and hinder its performance on lower end machines. If you also have experience in making management type games that would be very helpful as this will be my first time on the balance and mechanics design side of a game so I'm sure I have things to learn, rules to stick to etc.

Additional comments:
- All characters and animation in the attached concepts are rendered in Eevee and I haven't spent any time on optimizing so I'd like to think I can get the same quality realtime in UE4 or UE5 when it arrives just in case making the game top down 3D is also a viable option instead of isometric with sprites.

These images are very quick concepts only to try get some of my idea across, I have not spent a great deal of time on any of these and final quality will be much higher, I'll also be making the assets and environments from scratch or buying some items (Mostly the human models as they are hardest to make and rig from scratch) so as not to run into any copyright or royalty worries.

Long story short: You're a "lodger" in a Bed n'Breakfast run by the "landlady" and "Landlord" and there's 2 other "Flatmates" floating around (you get the drift). Times are tough, business isn't doing too well and the Landlord has fucked up and got the business into some major debt. This is your chance to show who the real man of the house is. Desperate times call for desperate measures so you strike an alliance with the mechanic next door. He'll give you the tools required to make passing cars have an "accident" so he can get the business from fixing up the car while the driver or "tourist" stays at the Bn'B until their car is fixed. The longer they stay, the more money they bring to the business which gets you closer to the Landlady and Flatmates over time. You also have to keep the tourists happy and make them stay as long as possible (more money remember) but of course you're going to need to buy as much time as possible to try get closer to them and see how far you can push their kinks. Remember, they're stuck in the middle of nowhere, nothing to do, bored and its game logic so they're automatically going to lean toward filling that boredom with the dopamine rush of sexy time lol. Obviously there'll be problems to overcome, people in your way and all that kind of thing. There'll be a story for each character along with the main story but I want the gameplay to take the front seat.

I hope this is enough information for now, more than happy to answer questions and I'll be starting a development thread with more details in the General Discussion forum to try keep this post from becoming more of a novel than it already is.

Thanks for reading.

concept1.jpg concept2.jpg concept3.jpg concept4.jpg concept_animation.gif

STI Games

Sep 21, 2020
Position filled, I want to start up a development thread too but have a question for a mod before doping so. I can't seem to PM yet though so if the mod that closes or moves this thread to completed could please start a PM with me that would be great, thank you.