Wanting to give back to those who entertain me.

kenVBliar

Sep 4, 2018
I don't know if this is the right place for this or even if this is allowed, so if I am breaking any rules, please let me know.

I am fairly new to this community and have enjoyed a few titles from some really good developers. Unfortunately, I am not capable of supporting these developers properly and I hate feeling like a leech.

Therefore, I would like to offer some other form of support. During my time viewing some of the VN content here, I noticed a good bit of excellent content, but some of it has spelling and grammar errors. I have always been very good a spotting and editing mistakes in spelling or grammar, and it usually stands out like a sore thumb to me. In college, I was in high demand in my classes from fellow students for my proofreading skills. I would be willing to offer these services to any developer who would like a proofreader.

I'm not looking for any kind of paid work at all. I want to do this for anyone who would accept my support as my way of saying thanks for the work you do to keep me entertained.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I don't know if this is the right place for this or even if this is allowed, so if I am breaking any rules, please let me know.

I am fairly new to this community and have enjoyed a few titles from some really good developers. Unfortunately, I am not capable of supporting these developers properly and I hate feeling like a leech.

Therefore, I would like to offer some other form of support. During my time viewing some of the VN content here, I noticed a good bit of excellent content, but some of it has spelling and grammar errors. I have always been very good a spotting and editing mistakes in spelling or grammar, and it usually stands out like a sore thumb to me. In college, I was in high demand in my classes from fellow students for my proofreading skills. I would be willing to offer these services to any developer who would like a proofreader.

I'm not looking for any kind of paid work at all. I want to do this for anyone who would accept my support as my way of saying thanks for the work you do to keep me entertained.
Usually you can post or message typos/mistakes to the dev and they will correct it. That's what people do in the game thread after I release an update and I always appreciate it.

kenVBliar

Sep 4, 2018
Usually you can post or message typos/mistakes to the dev and they will correct it. That's what people do in the game thread after I release an update and I always appreciate it.
I really didn't want to just say to these folks, "Hey, just a random person here telling you that your work is full of spelling/grammar mistakes."

I will do this, and thanks for the reply.

Domiek

In a Scent
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 19, 2018
I really didn't want to just say to these folks, "Hey, just a random person here telling you that your work is full of spelling/grammar mistakes."

I will do this, and thanks for the reply.
Usually people post in this sort of format.

"
Great update, I really liked the blah blah blah...

Btw, here are some typos I noticed.

- Typos 1
- Typos 2
- Typos 3
"

If any dev gets offended that you did them a really kind favor, go ahead and tell them that Domiek said they can go fuck themselves ;)

Sumodeine

I killed Eric
Game Developer
Oct 8, 2017
If any dev gets offended that you did them a really kind favor, go ahead and tell them that Domiek said they can go fuck themselves
Double that from me too! I'm always happy when people point out when I've made an error. It makes the game better - why wouldn't I want that??

@kenVBliar If you don't want to do it in the thread, you can always message the dev here or on discord. I have a section on my discord where people can post bugs/errors they find. Makes my life easier. If you do something like that a few times, a dev may send you their game a few days before they release it to have you look over it before anyone - I have a few people that do this for me.
Another small thing you can do to help the devs you like is rate the games you enjoy and put a couple banners in your signature of your favorite games. It's also cool to see the people that have my banner (and it helps market my game) and it makes me feel good when someone gives my game a good rating!

Thanks for wanting to give back!