3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Reported the update to staff -> just waiting for a mod to update the thread.
Thanks a bunch Mr. Ravager, Sir -> a stellar update for the honky dory casual player during these summer holidays;)

Reactions: CptCrimson

Kendra Denimore

Donor
Jul 13, 2017
Hi all,

I've been away for a couple of weeks, trying to work remotely. It was working perfectly for the first week - I'm working "remotely" even when I'm at home because my rendering machine doesn't have a keyboard and monitor, so I connect via remote desktop from my laptop. But then something happened (I'm guessing a brief power outage) at home and my rendering machine went dark so I couldn't connect anymore.
Have you considered getting a KVM unit to attach to it? That way, if you DO need to "access" it using a real keyboard and monitor, you simply have to kick over to it using the KVM's controls and you're suddenly back in control... :) I ALWAYS make sure my servers go through a KVM for that reason, along with the fact that it cuts down on how many keyboards and monitors I need. lol

Reactions: Canto Forte

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Ok ... Mr. Kraken, Sir -> this surfaced: the 0.12.5 version of Water World.
It doesn't have any new content ...
but-> this Changelog says work under the hood in the whole of the code has been done:

- UI for replaying the scenes. It is accessible through the quest help (the 'i' button at the top right). You can now select any quest and re-play the scenes.

- there are additional scenes, which you may or may not have watched while playing, so I had to add additional stuff to track the player's progress for those. Since your save doesn't have those flags enabled, these scenes will appear as locked.

Here's my unofficial compressed version of Water World [v0.12.0]
The compression might break things in the game. Please report any bugs with a screenshot in a private message.

Original size is 1.02GB.

DOWNLOAD
PC & Mac
(210MB): - - - -
Hi all,

I've been away for a couple of weeks, trying to work remotely. It was working perfectly for the first week - I'm working "remotely" even when I'm at home because my rendering machine doesn't have a keyboard and monitor, so I connect via remote desktop from my laptop. But then something happened (I'm guessing a brief power outage) at home and my rendering machine went dark so I couldn't connect anymore. Not wanting to waste the time, I started working on another much wanted feature which didn't require new renders to be done - scene re-play. So I give you the 0.12.5 version of Water World. It doesn't have any new content, so I'm making it available for all, not following the usual release cycle.

Changelog:
- UI for replaying the scenes. It is accessible through the quest help (the 'i' button at the top right). You can now select any quest and re-play the scenes.

Note:
Even if you have finished all the current quests, you'll see that some of the scenes are locked. Though this is expected for the multi-path quests such as 'Old Rivalry', there are additional scenes, which you may or may not have watched while playing, so I had to add additional stuff to track the player's progress for those. Since your save doesn't have those flags enabled, these scenes will appear as locked.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Have you considered getting a KVM unit to attach to it? That way, if you DO need to "access" it using a real keyboard and monitor, you simply have to kick over to it using the KVM's controls and you're suddenly back in control... :) I ALWAYS make sure my servers go through a KVM for that reason, along with the fact that it cuts down on how many keyboards and monitors I need. lol
KVM requires at least ONE monitor and keyboard in the house. I'm not a fan of desktops, so that's one monitor more than what I currently have :ROFLMAO:. The rendering machine is attached to the TV and I have a $5 keyboard laying in a drawer somewhere for the occasional need to login locally, but all the work that I do is done either on my laptop (if it's not related to any rendering) or through RD if I need to do something on that machine.

Canto Forte

Post Pro
Jul 10, 2017
Dev note to the rescue:
'
Note:
Even if you have finished all the current quests, you'll see that some of the scenes are locked. Though this is expected for the multi-path quests such as 'Old Rivalry', there are additional scenes, which you may or may not have watched while playing, so I had to add additional stuff to track the player's progress for those. Since your save doesn't have those flags enabled, these scenes will appear as locked.
'
Translation -> you see a locked scene -> means you followed a different route in your gameplay or you did not trigger it aT ALL.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
Dev note to the rescue:
'
Note:
'
Translation -> you see a locked scene -> means you followed a different route in your gameplay or you did not trigger it aT ALL.
Not exactly - you might have triggered it, but because it was a scene from an older version when the option to replay the scenes wasn't available, the flag that you went through it wasn't raised (because the flag wasn't implemented). So right now if you load an old save with the missing flags, the game presumes that the flag is 'false' and displays the scene as locked.

CptCrimson

Aug 4, 2017
I think I found a bug when I restart the game and if I click on an inactive quest the game just freeze in the last frame. All UI is gone.

Reactions: Ranger

madmit

Jun 4, 2017
It's normal that clicking on any inactive "greyed out" quests (under the I icon) leads to dead end (background without any other elements? Started a new game, so it's no matter of saves compatibility

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
It's normal that clicking on any inactive "greyed out" quests (under the I icon) leads to dead end (background without any other elements? Started a new game, so it's no matter of saves compatibility
No, it's a bug and it's already fixed, but I want to have more info on the other reported bug before I post a new version, so I don't flood the new releases page. I'll wait an hour more and if there is no response about it, I'll release with just the fix for the inactive quests.

Ranger

'Water World' developer
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2017
This game is pretty good. Any idea why it's Patreon numbers are so low? $337 a month is like bad flash game numbers.
Beats me :LOL:

Seriously though - I would appreciate a bit more visibility, so if anyone enjoys the game, can you please add it to your signature. To do so, you must go to your profile, click on the 'signature' at the left and paste the following:

Code:
[URL='https://f95zone.com/threads/water-world-v0-7-2-nsfw-space.15563'][IMG]https://attachments.f95zone.com/2018/09/162034_ww-fan3.gif[/IMG][/URL]

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes