3.30 star(s) 67 Votes

Reaper_kurumi

Jul 21, 2020
I'm so confuse about that plot. Can someone explain about Amelia in that game and why did dev choose the bad ending to continue the game ?

Atchafalaya

Aug 13, 2017
Just finished this game and would like to give my 2 cents.

It starts very strong, the first half is brilliant, you are the sole man on a yacht full of women, and begin to manipulate them into unleashing their slutty inner self by subtly manipulating and pitting them against each other, letting their jealousy do the work for you.

I especially like the whole "female characters begin to waer less and less clothing" aspect of the game, where they start out prude but then get slowly convinced to wear ever more revealing outfits.

Unfortunatley, around the halfway mark, the whole premise gets completely dropped in favour of an increasingly ridiculous sci-fi story which ultimately takes you to fucking space (yeah I know this is part of the Spaced Out story, but only because your first game had a ridiculous story that doesn't mean your second game has to make the same mistakes).
No more slow manipulation, no more getting the girls to dress sluttier, 3/4 of the characters get dropped completely while the rest just fucks you randomly for different reasons basically unrelated to your own actions. At the end you are literally reduced to a subservient boytoy who gets used by the women at their leisure, unable to take any meaningful action of your own.

If the dev still reads this thread: the game has huge potential, you are obviously very talented when it comes to rendering and setting up sex scenes, and you have also shown that you do understand the appeal of subtly corrupting a female cast by a male MC. If you want to make your new games more successful, focus on the strengths you have shown within the first half of Water World, because that's where the good shit happens.
Replying to a 2021 review cause why the fuck not.
Totally agree with you, the first half was pretty good. The setting was perfect for a sandbox game, a desert island with a twist! The slow corruption was well done and getting the girls' sprites in various states of undress as the story advances was a solid idea, and not enough used in other sandbox games methinks.
And yes, unfortunately the second half comes out of fucking nowhere and fails so hard. I remember not caring enough to finish the damn game. I still have fond memories of it, if only for the free roaming on the boat(s). Honestly the dev could have kept adding more and more scenes with the cast and not moving the story forward and we would have been happier for it!
Oh and this one dev was caught in the early 2020's Patreon incest scare :LOL: So just like that we were deprived of wholesome family bonding scenes!

3.30 star(s) 67 Votes