Daz Watermark showing on renders

ChrisNix

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2021
nurse_closeup_talking_2.jpg
The watermark on her forehead appeared on my renders this morning. I reckon it has to do with some licence, but I have no idea of how to fix it. Help would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

ChrisNix

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2021
Thats not a watermark. I think it's the cap of the hair interacting with the figure itself. You could try lowering the hair a tiny bit and see if it goes away.
Ah, that did the trick! Much obliged!

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Ah, that did the trick! Much obliged!
For future reference, you may see this in other places as well (the temples, cheekbones, etc.). Usually increasing the size head size/forehead size(or depth) vaguely works fine (Between 1% and 5% percent usually does the trick).

Reactions: ChrisNix

ChrisNix

Game Developer
Aug 3, 2021
For future reference, you may see this in other places as well (the temples, cheekbones, etc.). Usually increasing the size head size/forehead size(or depth) vaguely works fine (Between 1% and 5% percent usually does the trick).
Yes, thanks, minor size adjustment seems to be the most efficient workaround.

Reactions: MissFortune

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
The watermark on her forehead appeared on my renders this morning. I reckon it has to do with some licence, but I have no idea of how to fix it. Help would be much appreciated.
Thats not a watermark. I think it's the cap of the hair interacting with the figure itself. You could try lowering the hair a tiny bit and see if it goes away.
Another reason you will sometimes see this is if the character is well away from the (0,0,0) point in the world. iRay has limited precision in the variables that it uses to locate things in the world, and when two items are essentially in exactly the same position (the skin of the forehead and the skin of the hair cap) it can sometimes have trouble figuring out which is closer and which is farther. "Round off error" in the limited-precision variables - if you want to think of it this way, it can tell the difference between 0.001 and 0.002, but not the difference between 2000.001 and 2000.002, because the latter requires more digits than it keeps. So, artifacts like this may go away if you position the character much closer to (0,0,0). (This could explain why it's suddenly appeared, when it wasn't doing this before - your character may be in a different spot in the world than before.)

What Synx suggests in terms of tweaking the hair cap is a perfectly valid solution, and can help you avoid this without having to sweat where your characters are, however there's another artifact that you can't deal with this way - some characters will get black rings around the sclera of their eyes if they're too far from the origin. Again, multiple surfaces in the eye structure that are very close together, causing iRay to "get confused" if the character is too far away from (0,0,0).

So, just something to keep in your hip pocket...