We got AI-CG tag but not MTL

Reavy

Jul 24, 2017
How come we got the AI-CG tag but not the MTL tag.
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere here that new tags would not be added until some big site update or something. But now with the popularity of AI-CG art games we have that tag now which is good. But now for the real question that is MTL tag which I would say you see more games with MTL than with AI-CG. So if its no problem adding AI-CG tag (I'm pretty sure this tag is somewhat new)why not add MTL I would say that AI art is easier to detect without downloading the game than MTL. All in all I just want to be able to filter out the MTL games because 95% of them are unplayable, ok maybe not unplayable but you can't understand them and that for me makes the game unplayable then I could might as well just lookup the CGs for the game.

Planned Tags v2
I just don't get how adding some new tags can take half a decade. Also wanna say this site is so much better already to other "similar" sites but it feels that this would be an easy fix that could be done sooner.

I want to hear from both users and staffs opinions.

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
We kinda do, kinda don't. If the uploader knows it's MTL, they usually put it in parenthesis next to language. But the uploader has to actually know it's MTL, and to do that people either need to tell them (by reporting OP, just saying it in the thread doesn't help) or they have to have actually played the game, which is a tall ask. Something like AI-CG is excessively obvious 99.9% of the time, so it's easy to tag without even having to play the game.

Agreed that MTL is an absolute must have tag, though.

desmosome

Conversation Conqueror
Sep 5, 2018
This dude makes a good point. All these years, the excuse for not expanding tags was "new tag system is in the works." Well, it's been 84 years and still no new system. But for some reason AI CG gets a tag?