Tool WebP Codec for Windows

lexx228

Engaged Member
May 30, 2017
I have a problem with displaying webp images, they open dark. I tried to find a solution on the net, but only found questions from other users with this problem:mad:
1.png 2.jpg

Reactions: d4164

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
I have a problem with displaying webp images, they open dark. I tried to find a solution on the net, but only found questions from other users with this problem:mad:
Do they look dark in your browser too or in Windows viewer only?

Modder
Sep 29, 2017
Have you tried this? It seems to be a bug in Windows Photo viewer and not related to webp codec.
I tried this, and it worked but after some time, the Microsoft WebP Extension reinstalls itself again and overrides Google's codec.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I tried this, and it worked but after some time, the Microsoft WebP Extension reinstalls itself again and overrides Google's codec.
I gave up on the codec (never worked for me), seeing as MS doesn't seem to give a shit about WebP for whatever reason, and just moved over to ImageGlass and set it to open for WebP files.

LucaThiago

Oct 14, 2020
It's possible to save different view settings in image files, photoshop asks wich to use when opening.
I've noticed, depending on the viewer, it gets differently displayed. PictView, Acdsee, Windows Preview...