Website scrap

Master360420

Apr 4, 2022
Hello, does this site have a plan to have a robot.txt or is there a rule for how many request you can send here? I wanted to make a simple program to save game threads and give me a notification if a game has been updated. Of course it's will not be a constant monitoring, I was thinking every 3 days or weekly it will check. I don't know if scrap is ok in this forum, otherwise let me know, please. Have a great day/nightm thanks.

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
You should contact the site administrators. This sub-forum is not monitored by the site admins, so they will never see your question. I guess you should expect that there is a zero-tolerance policy for anyone using automated site scraping - this is not a site to be used by anyone for their own profit.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I guess you should expect that there is a zero-tolerance policy for anyone using automated site scraping - this is not a site to be used by anyone for their own profit.
No, F95 and Sam do not bother too much about this, as long as it's well done. F95checker have a thread since near to 4 years now, it wouldn't be the case if they were against smart scraping.
But of course, for one to make your own scraper he'll have to deal with the DDoS protection and the captcha.

Reactions: osanaiko