Daz Weird genesis 8 (8.1) male look

RoutineNL

Aug 27, 2019
Just a simple question, why the hell does my default model and every male actor I create look like an abomination (they are supposed to be BASIC, not this muscular, right?) I've watched many videos on Gen 8 and 8.1 males and it's obvious that I'm having some issues with it, any tips?
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Nicke

Game Developer
Jul 2, 2017
You most likely have morphs affecting your characters from something you installed.

In the parameters tab, click that little symbol above parameters, the one with four horizontal lines. Preferences->show hidden properties. Then select your character, and currently used. Scroll through it to find what you got applied.

Best do this with a basic character with nothing intentionally affecting it.

Reactions: RoutineNL

RoutineNL

Aug 27, 2019
Idk, he was one of the first actors I downloaded, maybe I messed up the installment, it's fine now

Saint_RNG

Game Developer
Apr 2, 2018
I had the problem with this one:

Once installed, all my genesis 8.1 Males had his default body and head morphs loaded.
They all looked like a child between a monkey and a hunchback on steroids :confused:

Boogie

Aug 7, 2017
What happens is that some characters have a global flag set at 1 (which affects every character of the generation), instead of 0. Yes, this still happens since DAZ quality control is very poor. The Alistair model has since been fixed by DAZ, but if you have downloaded an early version from a pirate site you are stuck with fixing it yourself.

To fix it yourself you can open the characters main .dsf file in notepad, go to line 32 and change "value" : 1, to "value" : 0,

Some .dsf files are compressed, and apparently others are not. So you may need to unzip the file first, or not.

Reactions: RoutineNL