• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Weird hair problem

szakirari

Aug 3, 2017
So, I'm using "Everyday updo hair" and I got a huge problem with getting rid of the hair on characters forehead. I'm attaching the same hair [without any manipulation's between both images] one with regular "sun-sky" in render setting, and the second one is in a scene using "dome and scene" as an environment mode. I'm stuck, I've been siting on this hair over 8 hours today, and as you can probably guess the mixture of frustration and hopeless filled me totally.

And as the last fact, I'd like to show the preview images of the product:

As you can see, somehow they've got rid of the hair on forehead, so hopefully there is still a chance.

Anybody would be able to help me out with this? I'd really appreciate it.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
I -think- the way to deal with this is to increase the scale of the hair by 1% or so.

I had a similar problem with random "squiggles" appearing in some poses and that cured it for me.

Aeilion

Jun 14, 2017
They may have simply retouched the image in photoshop afterwards ...

But when I see your first image I would assume that the shape and / or the size of the hair does not fit well with the size of the skull of the character. I rely on the artifacts of the first image (black spot) and so either use the hair shaping tools or scale the set. But in theory if the hair is present you will have trouble to part with it.

Either a retouch with each new render and it can be very annoying or make them disappear into the skull (dform or other thing like that) but it can also cause other artifacts concerns.

In your place I will simply take another model of hair.