Weird Renpy Folder Names

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
So ever so often I go into the computer to delete app data for games I'm never playing again, either due to not liking the game or it's completed/nothing more to do. But every so often I find a folder that I have absolutely NO idea what game it belongs to. Does anyone know the title that "RealGame-1680571955" belongs to? And why the dev would make THAT the name of it?
1711342018933.png

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Jun 10, 2017
And why the dev would make THAT the name of it?
It's not the name of the game, just the name of the project folder, followed by a random number automatically added, at the creation of the folder, by Ren'Py to ensure more or less the uniqueness of the folder.

NeonSelf

Dec 3, 2019
But is there any way of identifying which game it is? Some secret trick to it?
Check the dates when files were modified last time. You could remember what you were playing then. If it was modified 2 years ago or more - it seems safe to delete.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
I don't know what game the saves are from. But if you extract the content of any of them, there should be a small screenshot inside. If you can't open the save, duplicate it and rename its extension from .save to .zip (don't alter the original file).
Or you can upload it on . If you type "what" in the textbox, it will show you the history (among other things).
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

ZazzyBoi

Mar 23, 2020
Going through my browser history and cross referencing games I know I've played vs the list and I may have the candidate. At this moment, it may be "Letter To My Dream" cuz I am 99% sure I played it but it doesn't have a folder.
Also, doing what scrumbles suggested with the editor and it sounds more and more like it is indeed LTMD, so thanks so much.

Reactions: scrumbles