Ren'Py Welcum to the City [v0.17.1] [Quiquersson]

4.30 star(s) 23 Votes

Uncle Eugene

Jun 6, 2020
The idea of putting that stupid sound on dialogues is absolutely insane. I've seen people tell here that "character voice" setting should disable it, but I can't find anything like that in settings. "Sound Voice" doesn't work for me, as well as other sound options. Am I missing something? Don't make me decompile the game to delete those sounds pls

Edit: omg apparently I clicked "mute all" and then enabled all the options that are available back on and it worked.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
The idea of putting that stupid sound on dialogues is absolutely insane. I've seen people tell here that "character voice" setting should disable it, but I can't find anything like that in settings. "Sound Voice" doesn't work for me, as well as other sound options. Am I missing something? Don't make me decompile the game to delete those sounds pls

Edit: omg apparently I clicked "mute all" and then enabled all the options that are available back on and it worked.
Go to post #23 of this thread

G27Nachito

Jan 13, 2022
When will the translation into Spanish be complete? :( I also don't know if I'm still investing so much time for nothin

7vagannas

Mar 15, 2018
Game begins so charming, characters are cute and the interactions are intimate and engaging, but as soon as we go to school the game bloats itself into an unplayable state with so much uninteresting stuff to keep track. Damn shame. Weg devs imho should lay out a very simple framework at the start and then focus on moving each character story a little further with each update, rotating and gauging public interest (since inevitably, development is always slow when it comes to wegs). If you focus too much on laying out a big framework for stuff that "will be important in the future", you'll alienate the player base and end up with an unapproachable nothing burger.

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
When will the translation into Spanish be complete? :( I also don't know if I'm still investing so much time for nothin
The game isn't even complete yet....devs should NOT be wasting time on translations until they have a full product worth translating. They are just adding to their plate and delaying progress on the game.

On another note, I said some pages ago that it'll be a good idea for those nervous about the games progress to wait until certain milestones like every .20 or .25 before playing since it's going to be a while before they actually add in any H stuff.

shmurfer

Dec 29, 2019
The game isn't even complete yet....devs should NOT be wasting time on translations until they have a full product worth translating. They are just adding to their plate and delaying progress on the game.
You're right. Next update should completely be implementing AI to translate the game into your current language and determining what your current language is via listening to your microphone.

• Haha
Reactions: Dietzz and evaw

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
You're right. Next update should completely be implementing AI to translate the game into your current language and determining what your current language is via listening to your microphone.
See? This guy gets it.

No but seriously. I'm 100% fine with dev making the game in their native language and then translating it after game's completion, I'll rather they focused on the game itself. Literally had to do so for 90% of the games I play anyway which is mostly JP or KR born.

Reactions: ddtmm

anon280

Nov 11, 2017
Not that my opinion matters, but this dev should focus on drawing the actual art and hand off the programming to someone with more experience. The two arts would compliment each other well and I believe that it would result in a genuinely successful game. Thoughts?
yes but the dev clearly enjoys experimenting and working on game mechanics, it's always the main feature in his update logs with usually only one scene to test it on.

he is too talented!

After that last , it's clear to me how he plans to go forth with this development: innovate an actual erotic game. WHICH IS GONNA TAKE SO LONG as opposed to your typical Ren'Py VN. On one side, i get it, in the long long run, it will be fun game (once there's no bugs) but in the monthly productions, we will continue getting sexual scraps.

Y can't dev make peepee happy??!
早安圖2023風景.gif

I'm dropping this game from my radar til a year passes

• Haha
Reactions: iron4doves

DatWanGai

Apr 15, 2019
Found additions:
- You can visit student council after school.
- You can join student council. Doing so increases stat gains for those on council but lower them for those not. At the moment that means increases for Class President but decrease for every other student character.
- Setup for a future ability to report certain characters, as shown in the SS it increases reputation with the council but gives negative bonus to stat gains for reported person.
- No longer random for you to tutor or help in swimming class. Both can be done in student council office and you can choose who you help.
- Big breasted glasses girl has a tutoring mini-game where you try to tutor her while avoiding raising her lust too high. If you fail, she has a masturbating scene that can be seen if you have the perception skill and pass it's roll check. Successfully helping her study increases reputation with council and net money like normal. Other stat gains depends on how you do in the mini-game.
- Studying in class has a generic picture associated to it now.
- Swimming has a generic picture associated to it now.
- Helping someone swim has a sensuality check attached to it that requires the skill, passing the check will have additional dialog from some currently nameless girls.

Problems
- The "Ojou-sama" looking friend of the gyaru is named but you can not change it.
- Talking topics still do not refresh outside of the main 3 girls.
- Being able to peek at girls walking upstairs is still a one-time event used to unlock the pervert. This instead should be used like a random event.
- If you catch big breasts glasses masturbating, MC acts as if nothing happened.
- Some girls still don't respect the hug timer written in their bio.
- Only one of MC's personality stats are shown and only if you go into the help menu. No real reason why they took it off status menu.
- You should be able to interact with class president if you visit store when she leaves school to go to work.
- Very little to do on weekends.
- Walking childhood friend home triggers between 17:30 and 17:59 but skipping time is in hour intervals. There's not much you can do to try and maneuver time to land in that time frame.
- Bonuses are suppose to accumulate before slowly diminish over time but I don't see this increase most of the time, namely for CHA.
- Some skills still aren't completely clear on what they do.

Fixes
- Childhood friend's hug now properly resets.
- Eating breakfast with step-sister in morning no longer stays at black screen with talk menu up.

Reactions: vilewe7570

beepsupeepsu

Sep 27, 2021
Mobile Patreon let me see and access the whole download link... despite the fact I'm not subscribed to the Patreon in the first place. Whoops.

0.17.1 just includes some minor bugfixes from 0.17.0; DatWanGai's post above details everything added in the main release.

Barabash

Jun 5, 2018
Are QTE minigames still a thing in this one?
I hate that thing, my reaction speed isn't getting any better with age...

Reactions: vilewe7570

grahegri

drunk off sake
Donor
Feb 23, 2023
WelcumToTheCity-0.17.1
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
rpdl torrents are unaffiliated with F95Zone and the game developer.
Please note that we do not provide support for games.
For torrent-related issues use here, or join us on !
, . Downloading issues? Look here.​

4.30 star(s) 23 Votes