Daz Wet skin geoshell issue in FG School

kenring

Oct 28, 2017
I'm experiencing a weird issue and wondering if anyone else has seen this and knows how to fix it. It seems to be somehow related to FG School - I wound up setting up the model/camera/lighting separately but as soon as I switch on the rest of the FG School set the Geoshell goes horribly wrong. See attached picture:

shell_issue.jpg

3D Novelist

Sep 17, 2020
Maybe it's not the school but the distanz to the world center (0/0/0)? this sometimes messes up character's eyes maybe it causes this too?

kenring

Oct 28, 2017
Maybe it's not the school but the distanz to the world center (0/0/0)? this sometimes messes up character's eyes maybe it causes this too?
Yes, that's exactly the issue! I actually wound up resolving this by increasing the mesh offset however once I fully understood the issue I realized that it is usually better to fix this issue by moving my target to world center.

The further you get from world center the more Daz3D introduces floating point imprecision which makes everything stop fitting together as cleanly as it would otherwise - geoshells close to the surface are the worst example but it also makes the smoothing algorithm worse, messes with dForce and as you mentioned can screw up the character's eyes.