What abandoned game do you want a competent remake of?

nln0

Sep 4, 2017
With there being another remake of Bad Bobby Saga with . Is there an abandoned game do you want a competent remake of?

Roughly the same quality, hopeful to completion. For me it would be Heir Apparent, shit dev but neat game nonetheless.

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
None,
no one can do as good as the original,
leave the memory of something beautiful as it was,
and say goodbye.Let it go..

And firstly,you can only take over the game if you have permission.
Devs still keeps the rights to their games,you can't just take someone else's game and carry it on.
When devs make these game they instantly own the copyright to them.Basically means they can fuck over anyone who tries to take over their game and claim any and all earnings.

Granted the chances of happening are slim but who wants to risk it?
It's never just as easy as someone else taking over or more abandoned games would be revived.

And the guy that will continue the game need to know everything that the original author have planned,because great games have a writing that anticipate future,and the events that we guess through the dialogs and story need to happen.
And obviously,the story need to continue in the same direction.
He also need to know everything that the original author have defined regarding each character personality and past,
because we expect them to continue behaving like they did in the previous release.
And of course,he als need to have the same writing style,because it's not just the story that made us like the game,
it's also the way it's told and written.
And of course,this apply even more for the dialogs,the characters have to speaks as they always did until now.

Don't get me wrong,i fucking hate when a game is abandoned,
but you still can't steal other peoples work to use as your own !!

Reactions: nln0

MarshmallowCasserole

Jun 7, 2018
If the game is abandoned, it's not work then, it's refuse. There's nothing wrong in making use of something another person took out to the garbage bin. The original creator isn't missing out on any profits, there is no moral argument to be made here.

Anyway, if we're saying, hypothetically, that a game gets completed with the same quality, then Princess Tower. Because the quality was so high, then magically getting more of such good content would be just stupid to pass. Obviously, in the real world if someone is such a capable writer, then they can just start writing their own story.

DeMarcus16

Apr 12, 2017
Scholman High! It was abandoned BEFORE it even hit here. It has its problems, but was still an interesting title. (And I'm not a big fan of TF!)

Logan1377

Feb 13, 2023
Definitely C-Plan
That was a great start that ended abruptly. No doubt. In the same time frame was Bad Teacher, where the dev unfortunately passed away. Both would be on my list, if such a thing were possible.

Another that I thought had a ton of potential had it been done right was Bastard Girls. Love the art. Love the idea. The foundation was there. But the dev made the game insanely complicated in ways that I don't think most players would ever want or enjoy, and you almost need to cheat just to squeeze what content is there out of it, and it still takes a lot of effort and frustration.

If someone were able to take what's there, cut away the things that aren't fun or necessary, and make it into a more intuitive and straightforward Action A leads to Choices B, C and D, then you do them in the order that you like before moving on, it could be fantastic.

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
I wouldn't want remakes so much as I would like the original devs to complete what they had going. Anyway three games I can think of off the top of my head would be A.O.A. Academy, Food Truck Story, and Primal Instinct (made by the same dev who made Heir Apparent, mentioned by OP).

Bucketbot89

Feb 11, 2018
Are you sure about that dev?
If I am not remembering wrongly, this dude was an egotistic scammer.
Oh yeah, the dev came across like a colossal asshole who held his own games as hostages. But the games themselves were great in my opinion.
In this completely hypothetical situation, the dev isn't a pompous dickhead and actually finishes both games.