Flash What about swf games?

hinosit

Aug 6, 2018
adobe flash player software was discontinued and hundreds of games and animations were disabled. I know there are alternate options and that's why I wrote this post to help make it clear if they are options that really replace the program or only help with certain exceptions. I'm about to test quickplayer according to a web page. But it would be nice if they help show the best option.

flash player caido.PNG

hinosit

Aug 6, 2018
I found this page sponsored by new grounds where is the creation of the ruffle program which seems to be the one that will replace adobe correctly

Reactions: Cul

hinosit

Aug 6, 2018
Download the " ", a pirated copy if the official one is taken offline, and run it as a local executable to open .swf files.
I tried different similar programs but it depends on the original adobe flash player. Do you know if this one is not?

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
I tried different similar programs but it depends on the original adobe flash player. Do you know if this one is not?
I mean it is an official Adobe program so they might brick it or take down the link at some point but it's a standalone player and as such does not require the browser plugin. No idea which Windows or Adobe libraries it might use in the background though.

mrx1983

Jan 22, 2021
flash is unsupported in newer browsers, but as long as one has an older portable browser and an older flash plugin, one can still access all this flash games without problems. i posted a tutorial on reddit for opera36 portable.

i really like that it not even ask permissions or has any annoying warning messages whatsoever. just like the good old times, just click and play.
one should still have an up2date antivirus for this older browsers and plugins thought.

Last edited:

hinosit

Aug 6, 2018
flash is unsupported in newer browsers, but as long as one has an older portable browser and an older flash plugin, one can still access all this flash games without problems. i posted a tutorial on reddit for opera36 portable.

i really like that it not even ask permissions or has any annoying warning messages whatsoever. just like the good old times, just click and play.
one should still have an up2date antivirus for this older browsers and plugins thought.
I have windows 10 and I started to have many problems with opera-x, possibly only the one you specify should be used

mrx1983

Jan 22, 2021
I have windows 10 and I started to have many problems with opera-x, possibly only the one you specify should be used
i personally only use firefox and chrome on my machine, but i thought for an older portable version i gave it a chance.
this 36 version runs fine so far on my ryzen and windows 10 for the old flash sites.
it also should run on vista and xp, but i not checked this yet.